Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Meteor Down?

Options
  • 03-04-2012 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭

My phone said "Emergency calls only" a few minutes ago. Now it says "3G Meteor".

I can't send or receive texts, and neither can a few friends of mine, who I've spoken with on Facebook.

Also, I can't make phone calls, including to 1905.

Is anyone else having issues?

PS, the people I've spoken to have been spread all over Tallaght, and one is in City centre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

Similar problems in Kimmage an hour ago.
    Couldn´t even check voicemail.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

The_B_Man wrote: »
    My phone said "Emergency calls only" a few minutes ago. Now it says "3G Meteor".

I can't send or receive texts, and neither can a few friends of mine, who I've spoken with on Facebook.

Also, I can't make phone calls, including to 1905.

Is anyone else having issues?

PS, the people I've spoken to have been spread all over Tallaght, and one is in City centre.

On Meteor on Old Bawn area I can receive send/make txt and calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mr170

I am haveing the same problems to and i am in tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

I'm not on Meteor but noticed 5 or 6 of my friends talking about it on Facebook so said I'd see if there was anything here, looks like there is definitely some kind of issue. Most of my friends having trouble live around Rathfarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Looks like its back now anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,873 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

spoke too soon! Can't send texts again, or make calls!!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

texts back, but i still can;t make calls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

What great timing...I rang Meteor at around 5.20 this evening to port my vodafone number over and begin my billpay contract. Told me they are experiencing technical issues with their system and they will ring me back when it is sorted "within next 24 hours....hopefully" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭lithiumoxide

Been having trouble over the last couple of days. I would have full signals bars on screen, but "network unavailable" when I try to make a call. Also not receiving text messages for hours on end, and people can't make calls to me. Seems to happen when I'm at work in Swords.

Advertisement