Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

energy monitor

Options
  • 03-04-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

I've just got myself an energy monitor but I don't seem to be able to connect the transmitter to my meter as (due to living in an apartment block) the meter doesn't appear to have any cables coming out of it, to connect the transmitter to.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?

I'm hoping I've just overlooked something obvious and can be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Hygro wrote: »
    I've just got myself an energy monitor but I don't seem to be able to connect the transmitter to my meter as (due to living in an apartment block) the meter doesn't appear to have any cables coming out of it, to connect the transmitter to.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?

I'm hoping I've just overlooked something obvious and can be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks in advance :)

The best way to connect them transmitters is in the MCB board in the apartment. But you would want to get someone competent to do that.

Where is the meter itself located?

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

robbie7730 wrote: »
    The best way to connect them transmitters is in the MCB board in the apartment. But you would want to get someone competent to do that.

Where is the meter itself located?

the meter is in the underground car park, along with a load of other meters side by side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Hygro wrote: »
    the meter is in the underground car park, along with a load of other meters side by side.

Yea i was thinking it might be. Likely the transmitter wont work from there anyway. It will need to have its sensor inside the MCB board in the apartment, around the main feed into it, or out of the main switch. Not really something a DIY`r should be doing though.

Advertisement