Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud Storage Down???

Options
  • 03-04-2012 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else having issues? Tells me it's offline. As a work around I was able to move anything cached locally to the harddrive and play as normal, but had I not played that game on this console before the service when down the save would not be synced :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Quick question, do you have to have a gold account to use cloud storage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Arciphel wrote: »
    Quick question, do you have to have a gold account to use cloud storage?

Yes as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Wow that's a bit sneaky. So they have you bent over a barrel then if your membership lapses.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

AFAIK you can download from cloud without gold but you can't upload. So you can still use your saves, just can't save to cloud.

@Calex : I'm seeing it as offline and no options to move anything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Orim wrote: »
    AFAIK you can download from cloud without gold but you can't upload. So you can still use your saves, just can't save to cloud.

@Calex : I'm seeing it as offline and no options to move anything there.

I was able to access anything that I had played before it went down as it should be cached locally with "pending upload" under it. Other stuff like my Peace Walker save is inaccessible as I didn't play that today on my own xbox before it went down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement