Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Higher Level Biology

• 03-04-2012 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

I got a C3 in the mocks. If I were to write out all answers from Exam Papers from 2010, 2009 and 2008, and learn them off, would I get at least a B3 in the Leaving Cert. Would it be enough? Are the sample answers from examinations okay as answers, some of them seem fairly short, do you have to expand on them?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I got a C3 in the mocks. If I were to write out all answers from Exam Papers from 2010, 2009 and 2008, and learn them off, would I get at least a B3 in the Leaving Cert. Would it be enough? Are the sample answers from examinations okay as answers, some of them seem fairly short, do you have to expand on them?

Thanks.

What I do is practice EVERY exam question possible. Not just those years you said, each and every one of them. I've been doing exam paper work in biology since 5th year. It has paid off so far as I got an A1 in the mocks. I would suggest that you do the questions out without notes and correct your work using the marking scheme. That way you will become very savvy with the marking scheme and you wont be giving unneccesary detail. Biology is a subject where literally one word will get you the marks provided you only need 1 point if info of course.
    Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

It would definitely be a great help but I would also study all the answers to previous years too :D And test yourself on them frequently to see if you can remember them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

It would of course help, but remember, quite a lot of things that came up in last years long/experiment questions won't be repeated on this year's exam ( they could, but not very likely) So it'd be more beneficial to do the previous years and focus on topics they haven't asked for a while. And especially learn the two reproduction chapters! They are a(n) (almost) definite!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

Yeah exam questions help but make sure you know at least 80% of the theory.. and know all the experiments, they're not too hard to learn and they're easy marks :) Got an A2 in Honours!

Advertisement