Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mumford & Sons to play Salthill Park!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bearclaire

Epic :) Praying they come that will be so brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 BoogieCo

please spare us this cheesey cringe-fest drivel!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭sonners

Any updates on this?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mumford & Sons are pleased to announce details of a series of ‘Gentlemen of the Road Stopover…’ shows this Summer. The one-day, outdoor events will tour globally and will come to Salthill Park, Salthill, Galway on Saturday 9th June.

The show will be headlined by Mumford & Sons, and will feature full bills of support acts curated by the band themselves. The Vaccines, Willy Mason, Zulu Winter, Nathaniel Rateliff, The Correspondents have all been confirmed for the Galway Show.

Mumford & Sons said: “The Gentlemen of the Road Stopover is based loosely upon our favourite festivals like Colorado’s Telluride Bluegrass and Scotland's Loopallu Festivals. We want to stop off in towns not usually heavily toured by bands, and celebrate the people, food and music that inhabit them.

We’re keen to promote the town’s local businesses, and we’ll be using the local bars and venues for aftershow parties, whilst working closely with the local people to get everyone involved in making these shows spectacular. There will be a host of our friends playing too, and the vibe falls somewhere between ‘travelling Victorian circus’ and ‘Victorian travelling circus’. It should be a whole lot of fun.”

All of the Gentlemen of the Road Stopover shows will heavily involve the local communities, from the produce sold on the sites, to engaging visitors with the towns as a whole.

The band will also play a series of evening gigs preceding and between the Stopover shows, with the support acts selected from the Summer show line-ups.

Gentlemen of The Road Presents:
    9th June – Gentlemen of the Road Stopover, Salthill Park, Salthill In Galway.

Mumford & Sons
    +
    The Vaccines, Willy Mason, Zulu Winter,
    Nathaniel Rateliff, The Correspondents

Tickets for all dates will go onsale through Musicglue.com and local outlets from 9am on the 21st April.

Tickets from €49.50. (inclusive of booking)
    This show is subject to license

For more information and to keep abreast of more events to be announced please visit: www.gentlemenoftheroad.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Sounds pretty cool to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,635 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks good.

Wonder if you could just hang around outside the park and listen to the music for free though!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looks good.

Wonder if you could just hang around outside the park and listen to the music for free though!

:eek:

I......but....I.....never mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Well, I certainly wouldn't pay to hear it...

:pac: wah wah wah

Seriously though, as much as I hate these guys (and that's a fair bit), it is cool that they're taking the shows to lesser visited towns / cities. That's a great idea and will likely add to the atmosphere on the day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Well, I certainly wouldn't pay to hear it...

:pac: wah wah wah

Seriously though, as much as I hate these guys (and that's a fair bit), it is cool that they're taking the shows to lesser visited towns / cities. That's a great idea and will likely add to the atmosphere on the day.

Agreed and the fact they are gonna be working with local business etc
    Speaking about the gigs, Mumford & Sons said: “The Gentlemen of the Road Stopover is based loosely upon our favourite festivals like Colorado’s Telluride Bluegrass and Scotland's Loopallu Festivals. We want to stop off in towns not usually heavily toured by bands, and celebrate the people, food and music that inhabit them. We’re keen to promote the town’s local businesses, and we’ll be using the local bars and venues for aftershow parties, whilst working closely with the local people to get everyone involved in making these shows spectacular. There will be a host of our friends playing too, and the vibe falls somewhere between ‘travelling Victorian circus’ and ‘Victorian travelling circus’. It should be a whole lot of fun.”

All of the Gentlemen of the Road Stopover shows will heavily involve the local communities, from the produce sold on the sites, to engaging visitors with the towns as a whole.
    http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/171897/9

• Advertisement

:eek:

I......but....I.....never mind.

Ah I was half joking! :P

I know, I know if everyone did that than no-one would go to concerts and musicians and promoters etc would be screwed.

But in my defense I think 45 euro is fairly steep price (and thats assuming you live in Galway and so dont have to pay extra transport and accomodation charges) and I'm saving my bob for Indiependence (which ye guys promote if I'm correct) where I'll pay 99 bob and get to see loads and loads of acts, have a place to crash and it's for a whole weekend! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Curve Music

Ah I was half joking! :P

I know, I know if everyone did that than no-one would go to concerts and musicians and promoters etc would be screwed.

But in my defense I think 45 euro is fairly steep price (and thats assuming you live in Galway and so dont have to pay extra transport and accomodation charges) and I'm saving my bob for Indiependence (which ye guys promote if I'm correct) where I'll pay 99 bob and get to see loads and loads of acts, have a place to crash and it's for a whole weekend! ;)

That is a noble idea squire.

With the headliners due to be annouced your €99 will be money well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Any idea how to get pre-sale? I am a member of the community but can't see anything on either site (mumford or gentlemen of the road)?

Also, how many people will the park hold? Any idea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭IsMiseJoe

Delighted that this was confirmed but then I saw the date. Flying to Poland that day....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Tory Folk! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

few finglas heads heading across

anyone reccomand a gaf we could rent for the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Salthill has many B&Bs so that's probably easier to get than an apartment.
    Some self catering exist
    http://www.jamesonselfcateringgalway.ie/
    http://www.stayingalway.com/

Google for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I can't see how they can avoid thousands listening for free. The park is so close to the road & the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭tupelopenny

tickets on sale now,

http://www.gentlemenoftheroad.com/

just got 2

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Got myself four of them this morning too.

The tickets are interesting.. i bought four and it is issued on only one ticket that says the ticket will issue four people.

Good to stop touts flogging singles and the likes. Maybe everywhere else will catch on.

Nice to see people not using ticketmaster too. Even though there is a service charge, Mumford would probably it went into their own pockets than ticketmasters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

So excited! I really hope we get the weather for it.

'And it was not your fault but mine...'

Whoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

It keeps sayin to me card not issued in address country?

I changed the country to Ireland and it still wont work. Tried a Laser and A Visa credit card. Neither will work!!! So frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

It worked I got them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

coconut5 wrote: »
    So excited! I really hope we get the weather for it.

'And it was not your fault but mine...'

Whoo!

If it doesn't sell out there could be a last minute rush if the weather looks like being good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

IsMiseJoe wrote: »
    Delighted that this was confirmed but then I saw the date. Flying to Poland that day....

Sickener, not too many big bands in Galway but I assume you are going to watch the soccer so life can't be too bad! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

tickets got now the weather ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Anyone know what time of the day this is gonna be on at? Or even whether it'll be a daytime/nighttime event?

I'll be working during the day, probably until 6/7 and had completely ruled it out but if it was on later...hardly daring to hope here.

Slow Show wrote: »
    Anyone know what time of the day this is gonna be on at? Or even whether it'll be a daytime/nighttime event?

I'll be working during the day, probably until 6/7 and had completely ruled it out but if it was on later...hardly daring to hope here.

That's a very good question.. I'd also like to know this. Had a look on the website but there's no sign of this info which is a bit odd!

The other thing I'd like to know is how big is Salthill Park? Had a look on google maps and it doesn't look that big. And with there being 2 stages on the night, hopefully there won't be a sound spillover!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

That's a very good question.. I'd also like to know this. Had a look on the website but there's no sign of this info which is a bit odd!

The other thing I'd like to know is how big is Salthill Park? Had a look on google maps and it doesn't look that big. And with there being 2 stages on the night, hopefully there won't be a sound spillover!

Why would there be two stages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Salthill Park isn't very big at all really, I'm curious as to how this will be worked. Hopefully I'll get going. I can't even find an e-mail or contact number or anything though...

And Avox, there'll be two stages because it's kind of a mini-festival, there'll be more than just Mumford & Sons performing.

Info: http://gentlemenoftheroad.com/galway

Advertisement