Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mumford & Sons to play Salthill Park!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 emergingwriter

Well the weather looks like it will be fantastic. I have 2 tickets I can't use now so I'd love it if someone would use them. Face value ono

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scaled.php?tn=0&server=808&filename=8uvur.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

scaled.php?tn=0&server=808&filename=8uvur.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Where did you get that from?

Does anyone have their tickets/know what time it's starting yet?

coconut5 wrote: »
    Where did you get that from?

Does anyone have their tickets/know what time it's starting yet?

I made it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I have tickets, but have heard a nasty rumour that the gig may not be going ahead. They need an attendance of 7000, and are well short as of tonight:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 57544

I have tickets, but have heard a nasty rumour that the gig may not be going ahead. They need an attendance of 7000, and are well short as of tonight:(

Don't like the sound of that! When wud ya expect an announcement/ decision to be made?

57544 wrote: »
    Don't like the sound of that! When wud ya expect an announcement/ decision to be made?

Apologies for delay in replying. Only just in from a long day's work. Very latest news is that all is good to go.There's now over 8000 tickets sold. Hopefully the weather will hold up.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

Any Idea what time it all Kicks off and finishes?

Were you emailed your tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dougal McGuire

I ordered 4 tickets but only need 2 of them now. they would hardly refund 2 of the tickets if I emailed them?
    what time would you want to be in the park for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

What's the story about drink and this? Heard that you can bring your own beer into it?

Were you emailed your tickets?

No. Bought in arts Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

hey so 6 of us bought tickets yesterday for this, travelling up from Killarney. All accomodation seems to be booked out for that night, even 5* hotels (as if we could afford them anyways!). Can anyone recommend what we can do? Really don't want to have to sleep on a park bench.

hey so 6 of us bought tickets yesterday for this, travelling up from Killarney. All accomodation seems to be booked out for that night, even 5* hotels (as if we could afford them anyways!). Can anyone recommend what we can do? Really don't want to have to sleep on a park bench.

Try the Anno Santo Hotel in Salthill.

I just did a quick search, this came up:

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?aid=311076;label=hotel-41127-ie-i%2ACR6WTuPet_mqzvbZFeHgS12485759700%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t1%3Aneg;sid=846f7e263af084913ac2295e9409203a;dcid=1;checkin=2012-06-09;checkout=2012-06-10;city=-1502950;highlighted_hotels=41127

Sorry, read the results wrong. I guess you'll have to either stay further out, or maybe go camping for the night? There's a campsite in Salthill.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,906 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You can maybe stay in the Claregalway hotel? Bus Eireann and Burkes bus go to and from there many times during the day and it's picks up and drops off outside the hotel.

And if there is 6 of ye, then a taxi back won't cost much. Perhaps have a taxi booked early in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

Camp out in Eyre Square but make up a sign saying 'Occupy Galway' first. It worked for over 7 months for a group earlier this year!

Try out the Oranmore direction too, plenty of buses going that way.

Last time i was down in Galway we stayed in the Barnacles Hostel , great location right across from the Quays Pub .

Raging im missing this since ive a 21st the night before and dont wanna have a big road trip from Kildare to Galway hungover ha . Seem them in Pukkelpop and they were brilliant . All i can hope is ye get the weather for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

hi i have, you should try b&b round oranmore. i tried lots of places an thats where i got us sorted , google it phone numbers will come up, L

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Bearing in mind that it may still be raining tomorrow lunchtime the park could end up in one heck of a mess !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It'll be a wellie event for sure. Hopefully the weather will clear up for the concert itself so people won't need umbrellas. Forecast looks kinda promising but this is the west coast after all..

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

biko wrote: »
    It'll be a wellie event for sure. Hopefully the weather will clear up for the concert itself so people won't need umbrellas. Forecast looks kinda promising but this is the west coast after all..

Somebody attached the rules/regulations in a previous posts which basically said no umbrellas.. will be a nightmare if it rains. Need to get out today and buy a decent waterproof coat! Also dont fancy the walk back into Galway city if its bad out!

Not a Galway man, do you think there will be a ton of taxis waiting to bring people back into the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, get a good long raincoat. It's only 15 mins walk into the city centre but yeah if it lashes down you might want to grab a pint or two in Salthill until the worst has eased off. Lots of taxis around but also lots of people so could be a while before you get one.
    Me, I'd just walk back to city centre, done it many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Weather forecast is for sun by Saturday afternoon so i'm not too worried about umbrellas or anything but i'll probably bring wellies in case the grass is in a state. Looking forward to this now.

Any idea of what's happening in Galway after?

Also, following Saturday’s Galway Stopover come and either laugh yourself silly with some late night comedy or dance like there’s no tomorrow at the official after shows. Be quick if you want tickets because there is limited space.

Gentlemen of the Road present The Filthy Six
    Come and party on down with Mumford & Sons at one of their official Stopover after show parties, with live music from “The Filthy Six”.
    Venue: Kellys Bar – Upstairs, Bridge Street, Galway
    Doors: 11.30pm
    Age Restrictions: 18+
    Price: €5
    BUY TICKETS

Gentlemen of the Road presents Alfie Brown and Piff The Magic Dragon
    Come and enjoy a evening of late night comedy, handpicked by Mumford & Sons, with entertainment from “Alfie Brown” and “Piff The Magic Dragon”.
    Venue: The Ruby Room - Upstairs At The Kings Head, 15 High St, Galway
    Price: €5
    BUY TICKETS

Gentlemen of the Road presents Little Green Cars and The Danger Is, as well a DJ set from members of Mumford & Sons
    Come and party on down with Mumford & Sons at one of their official Stopover after show parties, with live music from “Little Green Cars” and “The Danger Is”
    Venue: Monroes Tavern Upstairs, Dominick Street, Galway
    Price: €10
    BUY TICKETS

If you have any issues, please contact support@musicglue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭getsun

What time are Mumford and sons due on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Edible

8:50, someone posted a link to a timetable earlier in the thread.

meant to have been a beautiful evening weatherwise today in Galway, here's hoping it holds up

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Dougal McGuire

strugling to find somewhere to stay in Galway. everywhere seems to be booked out. any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Gentlemen of the Road presents Little Green Cars and The Danger Is, as well a DJ set from members of Mumford & Sons
    Come and party on down with Mumford & Sons at one of their official Stopover after show parties, with live music from “Little Green Cars” and “The Danger Is”
    Venue: Monroes Tavern Upstairs, Dominick Street, Galway
    Price: €10
    BUY TICKETS

Won't make it to Galway myself but would encourage everybody to go to this show, Little Green Cars and The Danger Is are very, very good..

10 euro seems kinda steep on top of a ticket for Mumford and Sons but I think it's worth paying to see these two bands live! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

strugling to find somewhere to stay in Galway. everywhere seems to be booked out. any recommendations?

Try going out a bit-Claregalway, Oranmore, Craughwell (about €40 in a taxi), Clarinbridge or Kilcolgan. You'll pay a bit extra for the taxi journey but should deffo get accom.

Taxis are plentiful in Galway-try around Cross St. (opposite Kelly's bar or Supermacs X-St.). There are always loads of cabs there

Advertisement