Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mumford & Sons to play Salthill Park!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    Somebody attached the rules/regulations in a previous posts which basically said no umbrellas..

Holding an open umbrella up at a music gig is hardly the best idea anyway!

Weathers not looking too bad now! Hopefully it will stay clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wow there is a huge crowd around Salthill now, I can hear the music from my house.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭RoundBox11

That was the most incredible event i've ever been to. I'm still buzzing a day later! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Great gig, but inadequate facilities. 40min queue for the portaloos. No urinals. 20min queue for the bar.
    MCD do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 oidhreacht

Great gig; an outdoor gig in Salthill was a risk weather-wise, but it worked out brilliantly.

Haven't really been to Galway all that much - making me think the Volvo Oceanrace might be an option in July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭babyfratelli_x

It was a great gig, great atmosphere, but as was said, inadequate facilities.
    Did anyone here head to the after parties? We had planned on it, but didnt end up going in the end.

went into town after. big queues outside Kellys, and I think Monroes..
    Went into Kings head for a couple.. not too packed there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

great gig! but going for a slash took nearly an hour what a disaster :mad:

Anyone know if there's any point complaining to MCD about this?
    Some of my group spent almost half of the headline act queuing for the jacks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

It was a great gig, great atmosphere, but as was said, inadequate facilities.
    Did anyone here head to the after parties? We had planned on it, but didnt end up going in the end.

Yeah, I went to Monroe's, it was good, two of the band members DJed there after. There was a great crowd there, but not too packed at all.

Agreed on the disaster that was the toilet situation. Really bad. Loved the day other than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

harryd2 wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's any point complaining to MCD about this?
    Some of my group spent almost half of the headline act queuing for the jacks

I don't think the richese got much back from the disastrous Barbara Streisland gig with the 600 euro tickets when they barely saw the gig thanks to "MCD organisation"(tm) a few years ago. I doubt you'll hear anything on this going to them direct. You're best bet is to raise the issue in public forums/local radio etc rather than with MCD. When and if tales of poor facilities hurt the take up of events is when we'll see an improvement. These days they can't really afford to ignore anything that might put off potential punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭squonk

TBH they ****ed up Slane a few years ago when I went to see Oasis. I went along with one of my mates. Lovely girl she is but she can be a bit of a wagon when she gets a bee in her bonnet and she did about this. She got a campaign organised that took off and it tied in with a bunch of similar pissed off groups after the event. Anyway, in the end all we got from MCD for our efforts was an offer of a buy-one-get-one-free ticket for some gig that wasn't selling all that well for them to begin with. The ticket offer was also extremely time limited, such that it was awkward to even redeem the offer if you happened to be working that day... I'm serious! They don't care to put it frankly and they're pretty much the only game in town as well so we're stuck with their bullcrap.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Edible

my female friend got thrown out and missed most of mumford, because she went and peed discretely behind a bin as she couldn't hold it, and the queues were an hour long. Outrageous as I saw loads of guys in groups peeing against walls out in the open and security were doing nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Oh the irony of the OP's username.....
    Wow. This'll be a quality gig if we get the weather for it!!

http://www.facebook.com/ConnachtTribune

Advertisement