Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor paperless billing

• 03-04-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'd been hoping to get paperless billing for Meteor but apparently they don't do this.

What they have offered is to send out a 1-2 page paper bill summary.

I was hoping to still be able to access a full break-down of my bill as a PDF through the mymeteor site but was told that if I opt in to a bill summary, I won't be able to access the full online version of my bill anymore.

Anyone know it this is correct?

Seems odd that they'd prevent customers from having access to an online version of their bill just because they opted in to a bill summary..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's correct, unfortunately. Your printed bill and online bill are taken from the same source, so if you change it, you will affect both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭kirving

Yeah it's a pain alright, but having workd issuing reciepts through a CRM(customer relations managment) program during the summer, I appreciate the headaches it could cause. I just have the 2 page bill, and use the online page for checking history if needs be. I'd really prefer the full PDF however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Thanks for the replies!

I'd have thought that the first 2 pages of the online PDF could be just posted out to me.

And that way I'd have access to a fully itemised online bill. (as well as having 2 page bill summary posted every month)

Ah well sure!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Eod100 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies!

I'd have thought that the first 2 pages of the online PDF could be just posted out to me.!

Sorry OP but it I find comments like this bizarre. Your bills are printed, placed in the envelope and posted automatically. Do you think someone is going to intercept your bill to take out everything except for the first two pages?

Walkman wrote: »
    Sorry OP but it I find comments like this bizarre. Your bills are printed, placed in the envelope and posted automatically. Do you think someone is going to intercept your bill to take out everything except for the first two pages?

Well if I opt in to a de-itemised bill, Meteor will send out just the first 2 pages of my bill... so the answer to your question is yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Yes but you want your full bill to view online too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

With meteor your bills will be either itemised or non-itemised and they will always send it out,

A lot of people have requested paperless bills or as stated above (itemised online and non-itemised posted out),

costumer care passed it onto head office who replied that the system they used only aloud the bill to be presented in either itemised or non-itemised form but not both,

with regards to going paperless they just said that they must have a paper trail and wouldn't say any more on the issue.

uppishhauk wrote: »
    With meteor your bills will be either itemised or non-itemised and they will always send it out,

A lot of people have requested paperless bills or as stated above (itemised online and non-itemised posted out),

costumer care passed it onto head office who replied that the system they used only aloud the bill to be presented in either itemised or non-itemised form but not both,

with regards to going paperless they just said that they must have a paper trail and wouldn't say any more on the issue.

Thanks for the reply!

Were you in touch with Meteor customer support about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭uppishhauk

Eod100 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply!

Were you in touch with Meteor customer support about this?

I Worked for Meteor in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm not sure your getting Eod, If you've gone to paperless billing, there is no bill/invoice.
    On o2, Voda, 3, you can still see the bill that would have arrived but just an online version. On meteor you can't do this. It looks nothing like a bill.

It's not billing, it's paperless something but there is no bill.
    There's nothing you can print out to show you have a bill, nothing with your name etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Your bills are printed, placed in the envelope and posted automatically. Do you think someone is going to intercept your bill to take out everything except for the first two pages?

I expect the OP thinks that an organisation with any pretence towards customer service would simply program the printer to only print two pages where people had indicated that they wanted an abbreviated bill. This is not rocket science.

Really you have to wonder about an organisation that cannot provide something which would save it money, provide better service to customers and which could be done by a first year programmer.

Advertisement