Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scented hair products

• 03-04-2012 7:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Do any of ye have any recommendations for hair products that will leave your hair smelling nice even after it has dried?
    I remember a friend had gorgeous smelling hair after using a bed head product but they no longer have the name of it :(

Thanks!

Musical.x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

All the Aussie range leave my hair smelling lovely! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I have to agree with Aussie!
    My hair rarely keeps nice smells from shampoos but my firend is just like yours and always has lovely smelling hair.

I asked her and she uses Aussie products. So now I do too and my hair smells lovely! Especially if its been up all day and i take it down at home in the evening. I like the Kangaroo Paw one and the one with hops?

Its a tad expensive for shampoo but lasts for ages!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

Lee Stafford does some nice products they are in Boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I use the V05 nourish me truly shampoo and conditioner and the gloss me smoothly shampoo and condition and their treat me right treatment and my hair smells lovely for days after using them.

I also use the penneys moroccan/argan oil on my hair and it gives my hair a nice faint smell of lemon, leaves my hair really shiny, tangle free and it also takes about 10-15 minutes lessto dry my hair if I use the argan/moroccan oil. Can't beat it. 18ml tube for €2.50, I still have half a tube left over, even though I use it weekly and I have long, thick hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

I use the V05 nourish me truly shampoo and conditioner and the gloss me smoothly shampoo and condition and their treat me right treatment and my hair smells lovely for days after using them.

Was just about to say V05 as well, though the shampoo & conditioner were too moisturising for my (fine-ish) hair and weighed it down. The hairspray (pink one, new out) smells divine and is really good for hold without being flaky/hard and has a slight matte-ness to it, as opposed to the nasty shine you can get from most sprays. Also have V05 weightless mousse and Amplify blow dry spray. The wonders of 3 for 2.

Also Timotei - Dunnes have the full range, all divine they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I sometimes use coconut shampoo and conditioner and it leaves a nice scent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Elle179

I agree with the above, aussie miracle leave in conditioner smells fab! cheap enough too, I bought a bottle about 4-5 months ago and use it every time i wash my hair and theres still a bit left in it! great value for money, sprays in and doesnt leave your hair greasy, just nice and soft and smells gorgeous. :)

http://www.boots.com/en/Aussie-Miracle-Hair-Insurance-Leave-in-Conditioner_1078/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Any hair products from Lush always leave your hair smelling nice I find! I use Curly Wurly shampoo from there which has loads of coconut in it, so my hair always smells like that until I wash it again :)

The Herbal Essences ones leave hair smelling nice too, especially the orange one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

M&S* wrote: »
    All the Aussie range leave my hair smelling lovely! :)
    They are quite dear and i try to stay away from animal tested products but i might give the spray in one a go!!
    mrs crilly wrote: »
    Lee Stafford does some nice products they are in Boots.
    I have some of his stuff but i never get a nice smell on my hair afterwards :(
    I also use the penneys moroccan/argan oil on my hair and it gives my hair a nice faint smell of lemon, leaves my hair really shiny, tangle free and it also takes about 10-15 minutes lessto dry my hair if I use the argan/moroccan oil. Can't beat it. 18ml tube for €2.50, I still have half a tube left over, even though I use it weekly and I have long, thick hair.
    I have that argan oil too. Again I don't get nice smelling hair from it :(
    Any hair products from Lush always leave your hair smelling nice I find! I use Curly Wurly shampoo from there which has loads of coconut in it, so my hair always smells like that until I wash it again :)

The Herbal Essences ones leave hair smelling nice too, especially the orange one.
    I tried herbal essence before and again no nice smell (I'm beginning to think i have awful crap hair :P )
    But i really like the look of that lush stuff. I don't have a store near me though so it might cost a fair bit for shipping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I used to use the Aussie range a lot, I changed to Vo5 after I found it was building up a residue.

I found Vo5 great in the beginning but it started to make my hair look quite dull.

I'm now using the haircare products from the Naked Range , i'm using the intensive care shampoo and conditioner. The products smell great! Especially the conditioner, really coconuty and almondy! Yum! The smell lasts in your hair too. It's lovely :o

The condition of my hair has vastly improved since using it too. I have had balayage done to my hair twice now and it's very dry as a result, I have been using Argan oil and a range of hot oil and deep conditioning treatments, I have to say in the few weeks i've been using the Naked range i've noticed a vast improvement. Can't recommend it enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭mezdupmaiden

All products will build up a residue after a while, its advised you dont stick to one shampoo all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

Semi de Lino is just georgous
    You just put the tiniest bit on your hands and pat onto your hair and the smell is just divine
    http://www.amazon.com/Alfaparf-Illuminating-Serum-Health-Beauty/dp/B000U5O5Q0

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Definitely +1 on the Lush hair stuff. It is expensive but what I tend to do is use more generic stuff (mostly Head and Shoulders or T Gel as I have really dry scalp so I need more medicated stuff) during the week and then use the lovely lush stuff at the weekends before I go out.

Actually now I kind of associate really lovely smelling hair with getting ready to go out, so it always puts me in a good mood... then I just crank up the cheesy 80s tunes & I'm really gearing up for a night on the town :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭SnoopyGunner

I've used a lot of the brands mentioned and they do smell fab. The brands that I've used recently and received compliments about the scent were the Naked Rescue range (stocked in Boots) and the VO5 range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mackmuffin

Oh btw the aussie stuff is reduced in sam mccauleys blackpool atm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Taelated

I don't know about nice smelling shampoos for the hair. I'm just not a fan especially Herbal Essences, I can't imagine they are the best? But maybe that's a myth for me. However, L'Occitane do some really nice shampoos for around €15, a tad expensive but leave a nice subtle fragarence in your hair. Aveda is another nice brand but quite expensive! I like the good aul Dove, Head and Shoulders only cos I share them with the boyfriend and he doesn't like those mad girlie ones!

Advertisement