Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos's Quick act gaming headset

• 03-04-2012 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

Just picked this up for my son this afternoon and i'm damned if i can get the thing to work.
    It's a multiplatform headset PS3/XBox/PC

It has a USB connection and red and white connectors.
    I've been on to Sony and they talked me through the setup but i had already done what they suggested.

Just to be clear i've done

Settings
    Audio device settings
    Set microphone level
    Found my device for the input and output options and hit OK

How i have the device connected to the TV is HDMI from PS3 to TV. USB from device to PS3 and the red and white connectors in their respective slots.

When I'm in the Audio device setting section i can hear my voice through the cans but when i start up a game there is no audio.

Sony's suggestion was to try a few forums because they couldn't really advise me any further on devices that aren't their own.

BTW i normally use my Triton headset without problems.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

From your post it sounds like you only set the chat settings up.

Settings
    Sound settings
    Audio output settings

then set it to

Audio input connector/ scart / av multi

Edit:
    When you say respective slots on what device do you mean.

Is it connected to the Composite RCA cable that came with the PS3 or to the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭weiland79

Varik wrote: »
    From your post it sounds like you only set the chat setting up.

Settings
    sound settings
    Audio output settings

then set it to

Audio input connector/ scart / av multi

I had tried that aswell

I don't know if it means anything but when i select input connector/scart etc
    The Audio multi-output option changes from on to off

Straight to the TV.

Don't tell me i have to dig out an old cable from the mess that is my games wardrobe!

weiland79 wrote: »
    I had tried that aswell

I don't know if it means anything but when i select input connector/scart etc
    The Audio multi-output option changes from on to off

Having that on plus connecting over HDMI should work perfectly with composite also being used.

I had my headset connected over optical so i didn't use it but for stereo it should be fine.

What do you have the red and white cables connected to?

Edit:

Straight to the TV.

Don't tell me i have to dig out an old cable from the mess that is my games wardrobe!

It's the easiest way unless your TV can pass-through the sound coming from HDMI

You're a star thanks a mil.

• Advertisement

Ok so I've searched hi and low and cannot put my hand on the composite cable.
    Any suggestions where i might get one (in dublin)

Ok so I've searched hi and low and cannot put my hand on the composite cable.
    Any suggestions where i might get one (in dublin)

Considering that the PS3 comes with it most people don't buy them.

If you do try in a few shops you may find either

a s-video connection for the PS3 which should come with the 2 RCA the same as composite for sound or a component cable that will have the 2 RCA ( pick the right red cable) you want as well. You won't be using the video over either of these, s-video is used a lot with projectors or was on the older models so that may be more useful but you may as well choose by price and get the cheapest.

Advertisement