Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pump Requirements

Options
  • 03-04-2012 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hey guys am away at the min but the mother is getin work done at home and there is a tank like a relif tank or sumthin bein installed and there is a pump to be installed in it wen the water level gets a certain height just wondering wat would be the requirments cable wise and mcbs? would a 32amp rcd protected wit maybe a 4 or 2.5 3 core swa be ok?? i no i have given no info as mam supplied none just said i would look in to it now thanks in advance:D

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

No offence intended, but from reading your post it is obvious that this is beyond you. Get a qualified electrician to look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

It really all depends on the size of the pump been installed and the cable run involved,id imagine a 2.5 connected through a 20 rcbo would supply most size single phase pumps for this application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭RJ59

2011 iam sorry you think that..
    Thanks for all the info anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭hohojojo

i agree with 2011 you shouldn't touch this.

but if you are intent on doing it why are you running it in swa? is it outside? and if so how far away because distance to pump and size of pump are what should be deciding you cable size

you probably just need an mcb on your rcd side of your board and you would need to spur it at the pump and fuse it down to size or if it is bigger then it sounds you will need to put an isolator on it oh and if you do instal the cable and do the work in your board yourself and wire the pumpthe company that is installing the pump more than likely will not stand over the installation if it fails and they just say an unqualified person touched it

Advertisement