Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Blows Wrestling Parties: WrestleMania at Buskers On The Ball!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

15823480_893509700786609_3588510146588792678_n.jpg?oh=b95a4f6c2a745945222e3103db31c131&oe=58DEF274

FACEBOOK EVENT: https://www.facebook.com/events/104766136695344/
    BUY TICKETS HERE: https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/royal-rumble-2017-woolshed-dublin-tickets-29572631537
    #WoolshedRumble

Tickets €8.50 on Eventbrite.ie or €10 on the door (if they do not sell out beforehand). We expect a sellout, or close to it, for this event to please ensure you buy early to avoid disappointment!

WATCH THE RUMBLE IN STYLE...
    ...the best way to experience the Royal Rumble match, possibly the highlight of the WWE calendar, in a full Woolshed surrounded by hundreds of Irish fans. With a late bar and possible surprise Balor comeback on the cards, you CAN'T miss this!

WWE KARAOKE IN OUR PRE-SHOW...
    ...win prizes by singing along to your favourite WWE theme song on-stage as part of an absolutely packed line-up of pre-show entertainment!

NXT SAN ANTONIO FROM 8PM...
    ...also in our pre-show, watch NXT San Antonio in full beforehand. PLUS win prizes in our Royal Rumble raffle, play our Royal Rumble drinking game, a WWE-themed DJ set and much more!

CARD

30-man ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH

WWE Champion, AJ STYLES vs. JOHN CENA

Universal Champion, KEVIN OWENS vs. ROMAN REIGNS

and more TBA!

Book tables with Woolshed now by calling them at (01) 872 4235 or message them at https://www.facebook.com/pg/Woolshed.Dublin/.

Terms & Conditions
    1. Tickets delivered by email. Please print off your ticket on the night and bring to Woolshed, as it contains a unique barcode that needs to be scanned for entry. You can also use the Eventbrite app to get scanned in.
    2. Ensure you have already purchased tickets to book tables or avail of stadium seats prizes; table bookings/stadium seat prizes do not ensure entry on the night.
    3. Over 18’s only. ID essential. R.O.A.R.
    4. Event will be filmed for future usage by Low Blows Wrestling Parties. By attending you are consenting to your likeness being used for any and all purposes in the future promotion of all events involving WWE Parties Ireland.
    5. Tickets, once purchased, are non-refundable due to budgeting requirements. Your consumer rights are not affected.
    6. Please ensure you buy tickets beforehand to ensure entry. Though limited tickets may be sold on the door if not sold out, there is limited capacity. We will post beforehand whether tickets will be available on the door or not.
    7. Tables booked will only remain reserved until 11pm, so please arrive before then to claim your table or it will be given away on a first-come, first-served basis.
    8. Admission into Woolshed cannot be guaranteed once PPV starts so please arrive in advance.
    9. Smart casual dress code applies.

The full, HD version of our Lego Batman poster...:cool:

Jade Costello's handiwork as always!
    15874727_895681887236057_7536159910845171542_o.jpg?oh=c9d031eab994832ac55fafe8b00f5864&oe=591E4619

Our YouTube ad is now online! Song is 'Witchcraft' by Pendulum.

Tables are now FULLY BOOKED with Woolshed for the event, however we will have limited unreserved tables left for early birds. Party kicks off from 8pm in the main room with NXT San Antonio!

We are raising the stakes in the WWE karaoke contest as part of this year's Rumble pre-show entertainment!
    • The contest will be judged by members of the Low Blows Band!
    • The winning act will get to perform a song WITH the Low Blows Band at the pre-show of our WrestleMania party![/LI]
    • The winner will also receive 2x free tickets to the Mania party AND free booze!

We'll be taking early entries for karaoke on the week of the Rumble, so keep your eye on the event, our Facebook and Twitter (@HashtagLowBlows) for that and get thinking now about what songs you wanna sing!

1 WEEK TO #WoolshedRumble!

Here's our schedule for Royal Rumble week and how YOU can be a part of it!

MONDAY: Royal Rumble 2007 tweetathon @ 8pm (join in with @HashtagLowBlows) & Raw
    TUESDAY: SmackDown Live
    WEDNESDAY: 'Raw vs SmackJade!' - our Royal Rumble preview special
    THURSDAY: NXT San Antonio prediction contest
    FRIDAY: Royal Rumble prediction contest
    SATURDAY: NXT San Antonio (join us live tweeting @HashtagLowBlows)
    SUNDAY: #WoolshedRumble!

Less than 60 tickets remaining. If tickets sell out there will be none for sale at the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

hmmmm dare i enter to try win back to back karaoke contests!? :pac:

hmmmm dare i enter to try win back to back karaoke contests!? :pac:

Do it! You sang Mr Ass this year so the natural progression is 'The One' Billy Gunn 'I've Got It All'!

CONFIRMED: we have spoken with Woolshed (legit, I'm not messing) and they've confirmed that glasses of milk WILL be available to order at the bar this Sunday for those looking to celebrate Kurt Angle's potential comeback!

16298731_907222629415316_3741683458344031427_n.jpg?oh=31a5dfcc378348428381e2e7c6a1cd3a&oe=590B902D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Leggo are tables still available to reserve or do you just ring up the woolshed?

Tables went a couple weeks ago (people start booking these literally the day after parties!) but they always keep a few unreserved which you may be able to nab if you're there for NXT around 8pm!

• Advertisement

18 tickets left guys! There WON'T be tickets available at the door, your only way in is via Eventbrite now.

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/royal-rumble-2017-woolshed-dublin-tickets-29572631537

Sold out.

Our Royal Rumble Drinking Game (which will be handed out on Sunday) along with our new look WWE-themed cocktail and shot menu!

16266074_909218982549014_7389854996265979924_n.jpg?oh=5b47c5eac5dcc343aa324724c4c8bd56&oe=5907EEC9

16298924_909218989215680_7662312051744517727_n.jpg?oh=f88c02e451d487196901b24b993fdcb9&oe=59186142

16194882_909218992549013_4902781065755125295_n.jpg?oh=8b3e35895c2d769793543dd8340195c2&oe=5947EA42

LAST MINUTE REMINDERS FOR #WoolshedRumble!

➣ There will be NO tickets available at the door as we are sold out, so please do not show up if you do not have your tickets sorted or you will be turned away.
    ➣ Although tables are booked up, limited tables are left unreserved for people on a first-come, first-served basis. NXT San Antonio kicks off 8pm approx.
    ➣ Please ensure you download and print your EventBrite ticket for scanning at the door, do NOT print the confirmation mail that contains the ticket! We can also accept tickets on your phone for those who have the EventBrite app.
    ➣ Make sure you enter our Royal Rumble raffle & you can also win stadium seats in our other raffle!
    ➣ All karaoke contestants please ensure you are there by 10pm to partake. We will accept additional entries on the night for the event that someone bottles it or isn't there on time to answer the call!
    ➣ If you have any enquiries or song requests during the night, follow and tweet @HashtagLowBlows and they'll be seen by a member of our staff. Follow us on Snapchat at HashtagLowBlows for highlights throughout the night. Also tweet #WoolshedRumble to join in the conversation online!
    ➣ The party will be filmed for future usage by Low Blows Wrestling Parties so, if you see our cameras around, don't be shy!
    ➣ Valid ID essential. Over 18's only. Woolshed reserves the right to refusal. Prize winners please bring ID to validate your spot on the guestlist.
    ➣ Cannot guarantee entry once PPV starts.
    ➣ Your ticket is your sole proof of purchase.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Sadly i had to cancel my table for the RR so if anyone is looking for a table maybe get on the Woolshed ASAP to see if ye can get my old table

Mate forgot to buy tickets... Should have done it myself!! Anyone has two spare tickets? Let us know!

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Well at least one thread will be interesting tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭FineAle

Interesting night alright, unfortunate how it ended.

Hopefully these events can and will continue in future in the Woolshed. Proper venue, great atmosphere. Again full credit to LB lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Well at least one thread will be interesting tomorrow!!
    What happened in there last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

What happened in there last night?

The television feed stopped and started several times throughout the night culminating in the feed going altogether with about 10 mins left of the Rumble to go, good few people were pissed off a stool got thrown down from above which was uncalled for someone could of gotten hurt, someone mentioned that the police turned off the feed but don't know it's a strange one since the feed was coming from Sky Box office and not the network so there shouldn't have been a problem, place was packed. some people left straight away others huddled round a few people who had it on their phones before being asked from the staff to leave. Maybe it was a blessing given the result probably one of the more disappointing Rumbles No big surprise entrants, And a boring winner. It'll be interesting to see what will happen with the WWE Parties in the Woolshed going forward.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bloody hell, throwing a stool is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

The television feed stopped and started several times throughout the night culminating in the feed going altogether with about 10 mins left of the Rumble to go, good few people were pissed off a stool got thrown down from above which was uncalled for someone could of gotten hurt, someone mentioned that the police turned off the feed but don't know it's a strange one since the feed was coming from Sky Box office and not the network so there shouldn't have been a problem, place was packed. some people left straight away others huddled round a few people who had it on their phones.

Far as I know the feed was switched to the network later on. And gaurds were in the NFL corner section as I saw them myself. Looked dressed like the e.r.u lads I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Seems to be a few tweets from people who were there saying that the guards raided the place. Now how serious it was I don't know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Asking people to leave because they were watching the ending on their phones? What's that about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭votecounts

Whatever happened doesn't justify a stool being thrown. Only a scumbag would do that. Luckily no person was injured.

Angron wrote: »
    Bloody hell, throwing a stool is a bit much.
    Could've been worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

It'll be interesting to see what will happen with the WWE Parties in the Woolshed going forward.

Not sure if there's an equivalent venue (realistically) that could match it. Captain Americas was just about able to handle the early ones. Woolshed just about right for what it's become.
    Tinie wrote: »
    Asking people to leave because they were watching the ending on their phones? What's that about

The staff have always been quick to clear the place out after the event is finished. When the garda entered the night was over in their eyes at least.

I wonder if the chap who threw the stool was the same one who went on his ear at Wrestlemania 30. His stool also went flying....into me. :pac::pac::pac:

Hi guys, Rick here.

I wanted to get something out to you ASAP regarding last night. Obviously there are a lot of rumours swirling regarding legal matters, which I can't really discuss as this isn't the place for them. I have spoken with Woolshed and, while we have a certain idea, we still aren't 100% sure on why an Armed Response Unit raided and shut down the last 8 minutes of the Royal Rumble Party last night. As you know, we work with Woolshed on executing these parties and there are areas we control (such as the entertainment, promotion and execution of the events) and areas that Woolshed control (e.g. table bookings, security, licensing, screening the event etc). We have enjoyed this working relationship immensely and find Woolshed to be a great partner for our events, far above the standard I personally have been used to in running similar events in Ireland. We have always been assured that Woolshed have a great relationship with the local Gardai and that this has never been an issue before, which is the information we act on when hosting and promoting these nights. So while we can't comment fully, I think anyone who was there can see that the weight of the response was due to the Gardai anticipating something that clearly wasn't the case. I would ask that people refrain from playing the blame game and speculating on who said or did what, for their own sake, as nobody has the full facts here and it's obviously risky naming people publicly without any proof. It's also something we wouldn't look to do anyway.

We fully intend to continue doing what we do and delivering great nights for wrestling fans in Ireland.

Firstly I'd like to apologise for not being able to give an immediate response to people. We were as surprised as all of you that it happened and my immediate reaction was "People have drink on them and are angry. I want to help calm the situation so nobody, in anger, makes any mistakes that gets them in trouble with the Gardai." Fortunately, in spite of people's understandable frustration, everyone was cooperative and the vast majority were extremely supportive.

Although this was a situation entirely out of our control, we feel deeply upset that people's night was interrupted in such a fashion. We intend to make this right in some fashion at a later date. I will be keeping a copy of the guestlist from last night so we have a record of who was there and who we need to make amends with, it's just a case of figuring out how best to do so. We feel most disappointed in that it was a great night up to that point and that we more than delivered €8.50 worth of entertainment prior to the ending.

At the same time people's disappointment is totally understandable so we'd ask that people let them have their say and vent and respect the fact that they are disappointed. Just know that we share your disappointment and frustration in this, perhaps even moreso. This project is something that is very important to all of us, all of my team work our arses off to deliver a great night for wrestling fans and when something like this comes at you out of nowhere with possible malicious intent, trust us that it hurts us all deeply.

Finally I'd like to thank the overwhelming majority who have come out and supported us in a time of need. You have no idea how much that means to us, for people to be so passionate in defending and supporting our little project. While trying to gather my thoughts and process what was going on last night, I literally had a wall of people, who didn't need to, surrounding me with support last night. Stuff like this can happen when you run events, you take the good and the bad as it comes at you, but with your support the party will continue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GOLF
    ALFA
    ROMEO
    DELTA
    ALFA
    INDIA!

*DUN DUN! DUN DUN! DUN DUN! DUN-DUN!*

Seriously though sorry to hear it mate. You put so much into these fantastic nights out. Hope whatever happened gets ironed out and full steam ahead for WM! :)

Advertisement