Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake Tan

• 03-04-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

I'm going away on holidays in June to Lanzarote, and I just hate looking pasty when I'm away:o I haven't been on a sun holiday since before I started wearing fake tan though, and was wondering what would ye recommend from experience?

I'm going away for a week, would I be better off getting a really light spray tan done, or going with an instant? Any experience with brands that last better over others?

Thanks a mil!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

From previous experience, any time I have been travelling with a woman who uses that sort of thing, they get one done a few days prior to departure. Seems to be the way to go. If you are the sort of person who tans anyway, that makes more sense, as you won't need it soon after you get there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I always get a spray tan done before I go away. It looks good for the first few days but the constant swimming/chlorine/salt makes it come off quite quickly. I generally top up myself at this point after scrubbing it off.

Instant is fine if you just want it in the evening but make sure to shower it off before going swimming the next day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I'm going away on holidays in June to Lanzarote, and I just hate looking pasty when I'm away:o I haven't been on a sun holiday since before I started wearing fake tan though, and was wondering what would ye recommend from experience?

I'm going away for a week, would I be better off getting a really light spray tan done, or going with an instant? Any experience with brands that last better over others?

Thanks a mil!

I always get a spray tan before I go on my holidays. I get it done the day before (so wash off the day of hols!) I avoid chlorine and only swim in sea as it will fade less and wear off better! But the main thing is Moisturise Moisturise, which I am sure won't be a problem as you will be using sun cream etc. I wouldn't go for instant as you could experience dodgy moments with the heat! As for brands avoid any crazy cheap deals e.g €9/€15 as they do not fade well. Prepare to spend €25/€30 Go for an established one e.g rockstar, vani-t, st tropez etc I love the three mentions however, st tropez goes on a bit strange on my friend, sun fx and california were a bit orange on me however maybe others would disagree! There is a tan called au courant (which is not very widely available) but is meant to be very natural looking and is the choice for a lot of brides however I have never tried it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Thanks a million for the replies!

I think I will go for a spray tan, so much less hassle and probably better lasting in the heat! I was anticipating spending at least 25 euro, it'd be worth it since this is a cheap holiday anyway!

@Millem, your post was especially helpful, thanks so much! Are there any sun creams in particular that you would recommend, or possibly ones to avoid that might not agree with the tan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

I suggest use Dove summer glow, normal to dark skin (: It's amazing. I use it and I find it lasts longer than a fake tan, comes out lovely and when you shower it fades to a lovely subtle glow and doesn't streak/go blotchy from my experience. It costs about 4 euro and one bottle will last about a month, using all over your body.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

_meehan_ wrote: »
    Thanks a million for the replies!

I think I will go for a spray tan, so much less hassle and probably better lasting in the heat! I was anticipating spending at least 25 euro, it'd be worth it since this is a cheap holiday anyway!

@Millem, your post was especially helpful, thanks so much! Are there any sun creams in particular that you would recommend, or possibly ones to avoid that might not agree with the tan?

To be honest I don't know much about sun cream! But just avoid any suncream
    or after suns that have "fake tan" in them, as they may go blotchy. Another thing to think of is hair removal. If you can't face waxing, use veet on your legs as shaving will remove the tan on your legs and you probably will need to shave every day! But you need to do it 24hours before getting your tan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

Millem wrote: »
    To be honest I don't know much about sun cream! But just avoid any suncream
    or after suns that have "fake tan" in them, as they may go blotchy. Another thing to think of is hair removal. If you can't face waxing, use veet on your legs as shaving will remove the tan on your legs and you probably will need to shave every day! But you need to do it 24hours before getting your tan!

Yeah I had thought about that, probably easier to just get everything waxed and be done with it!

Thanks everyone for the help!

Advertisement