Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a steel Clane shed in garden

Options
  • 03-04-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this was sorted out before but I am only new to the Garden section How would I move a 10ft x 6ft steel clane built shed from top of my garden turn it 180 degrees and move it to the other side with out taken it apart again sorry if this was done before but if I dont sort the garden soon the Wife is going to put me in the shed I have to move it first before I can do anything else Thanks;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Is it on a concrete base slab or some other kind of base?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tawny Owl wrote: »
    Apologies if this was sorted out before but I am only new to the Garden section How would I move a 10ft x 6ft steel clane built shed from top of my garden turn it 180 degrees and move it to the other side with out taken it apart again sorry if this was done before but if I dont sort the garden soon the Wife is going to put me in the shed I have to move it first before I can do anything else Thanks;)

Empty the shed out and borrow a mate or 2 for an hour.

A couple of long round tree stakes and use them as rollers,for the shed to roll on.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

Thanks for the quick reply it sits on a concrete block in each corner the garden now has Mulch but it is like a Farmyard the Missus said I realy dont want to strip it right down as I may need a week off work to sort everything she is after:D

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Tawny Owl

paddy147 wrote: »
    Empty the shed out and borrow a mate or 2 for an hour.

A couple of long round tree stakes and use them as rollers,for the shed to roll on.

Hi Paddy147 should I take the wooden floor up and the steel door of I know everything has to come out thats no problem I thought it would sink:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Not very easily!
    When they install they move them into final position using levers under the steel frame of the floor, but this would destroy your garden over any sort of distance, and the dragging may knock the uprights off square. The whole thing is bolted to the steel floor frame so if you had access to some low, wheeled dollys you may be able to lever it up onto them and wheel it around?

Edit - the wooden fence posts/stakes idea mentioned above sounds spot on!

The sheds are a fairly straight forward build so it shouldn't be too difficult to dismantle and rebuild, if you have help. Just make sure you keep track of where each steel sheet goes so the tek screws line up an you don't end up with a load of holes in it!

If you don't want to do that, they will dismantle and move it for you if you need it done - when they put mine in they said they have moved sheds when people move house etc.
    They are fairly easy to deal with and it may be worth ringing them to see what it would cost for them to do it - might work out cheaper than damaging the shed!

• Advertisement
Advertisement