Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pony Club

Options
  • 03-04-2012 9:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey, Was anyone at the pony club conference in tullamore last week. Would be intererested to know what you thought. There were a lot of cross people there as the finances are so bad and the cheek of them trying to suggest an increase in the present climate. I have had to sell my good horse to be able to afford to keep my youngster and livery bills are still expensive. They seem to spend an awful lot running themselves but we don't see much for the money. Why do they need all the staff all year round? Anyone any dealings with them. My kid does a bit of pony club in the summer, mainly camp and rallies and really enjoys it but it's very expensive and there are so many rules it's impossible to keep up with them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

It's true for you Jenny. I fail to see what the annual €90 fee per child is for. Bar a membership card. Everything else has to be paid for on top of that. Classes, camps, etc.
    Although the SJI are no better. €290 to register one owner, one pony, two kids and a sub for the bulletin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jennyod

What you say seems to be what a lot of people think. each club has it's own accounts but they have to send most of the 90E to national and most of seems to pay wages but its mostl voluteers that do all the work. The clubs have to send 65E to HQ but insurance is only E15. There's over 4000 members so it's a lot of money collected and whats it spent on? ITs selective who is shown the accounts and this ususlly means there is something to hide. They were supposed to be sent out but no one got them. What happens to the rest because the entry fees are high enough. God SJI is very dear but at least they seem a bit organised and ther's loads to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

I looked up the membership costs for my nieces recently and was surprised that it was so expensive. Its more expensive than Riding Club membership! This seems crazy.

I know the AIRC are not badly off for funds either and also get volunteers to do most of the work. Its not such a bad idea to question these things imo.

90 euro per child is far too much. Certainly not inclusive.

Advertisement