Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray dog, Grantstown Park -- urgent!

Options
  • 03-04-2012 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Opened the front door today and discovered a small brown & white dog (no idea of breed) wearing a black collar sitting on my doorstep. Gave him a friendly hello and shut the door. Dog proceeded to bark, cry & scratch at my door continuously for hours until I had to let him in because it had started raining. Rang animal welfare but they can't collect him until tomorrow. Problem is I have him in and he drives my dog insane -- they haven't stopped barking at each other even when kept in different rooms. I put him back out and he sits on the doorstep and barks continuously. I'm in a street full of families and I have my own child trying to sleep upstairs. The noise is ridiculous.

I have no idea why he's selected my house, but having the whole night like this is going to drive me crazy.

Does anyone know of ANYONE in the Grantstown Park/Dunmore Road area who owns a small, well-fed brown and white dog? If so, please can you check to see if the dog is missing? My immediate neighbours have no idea who the dog belongs to and I can't leave my child to go knocking on doors farther afield.

If there's anyone out there who can help find this dog's home this evening, I would be *endlessly* grateful.

ETA: He's mostly white with brown markings, if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Contact wlrfm in the morning and they should announce that you've found a dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

gf found a dog a few days ago the number was on the collar so she rang they said they would be up during the week or next... they live minutes away I'm guessing he smelled the other dogs at your house

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭padraig.od

newtotown wrote: »
    Opened the front door today and discovered a small brown & white dog (no idea of breed) wearing a black collar sitting on my doorstep. Gave him a friendly hello and shut the door. Dog proceeded to bark, cry & scratch at my door continuously for hours until I had to let him in because it had started raining. Rang animal welfare but they can't collect him until tomorrow. Problem is I have him in and he drives my dog insane -- they haven't stopped barking at each other even when kept in different rooms. I put him back out and he sits on the doorstep and barks continuously. I'm in a street full of families and I have my own child trying to sleep upstairs. The noise is ridiculous.

I have no idea why he's selected my house, but having the whole night like this is going to drive me crazy.

Does anyone know of ANYONE in the Grantstown Park/Dunmore Road area who owns a small, well-fed brown and white dog? If so, please can you check to see if the dog is missing? My immediate neighbours have no idea who the dog belongs to and I can't leave my child to go knocking on doors farther afield.

If there's anyone out there who can help find this dog's home this evening, I would be *endlessly* grateful.

ETA: He's mostly white with brown markings, if that helps.

Contact WSPCA, they probably have a lost/found section on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Faq wrote: »
    gf found a dog a few days ago the number was on the collar so she rang they said they would be up during the week or next... they live minutes away I'm guessing he smelled the other dogs at your house

That's shocking !

Hope you managed to get in touch with someone OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭randox

That dog barked all night and morning. This morning he was sitting in front of the house behind mine. I thought they had just locked him out.

Hope he found his owners.

• Advertisement
Advertisement