Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timing Problems.

• 03-04-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Ok, so I have terrrrrible timing problems when it comes to exams, and it's bringing my grades wayyy down.

In the pre I never got Irish, Geography, Home Ec, English or Business finished.

I genuinely just can't write fast, and when I try to, my hand cramps like a bitch. :(

I'm left handed as well which mightn't help :pac:

So has anyone got any tips or faces the same problem?

We can start a writing rehab :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

English and Geography seem to be the worst ones for me time problems wise :P
    Though I tend to lose my trail of thought in some answers so I waste valuable time haha :/
    But I would practice writing as fast as you can at home say for 10 mins every night and it should improve :D I am left handed too so sometimes it is harder but I think im used to it by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Manic2 wrote: »
    Ok, so I have terrrrrible timing problems when it comes to exams, and it's bringing my grades wayyy down.

In the pre I never got Irish, Geography, Home Ec, English or Business finished.

I genuinely just can't write fast, and when I try to, my hand cramps like a bitch. :(

I'm left handed as well which mightn't help :pac:

So has anyone got any tips or faces the same problem?

We can start a writing rehab :pac:

Lefty here also! :D Woop!

Anyway, I got everything finished in the Mock (barely) but I found some of them extremely difficult. I remember writing 21 pages for English Paper II, came home and had to soak my wrist in hot water for 3 hours :confused: no joke, the pain was surreal.

Anyways I don't really know what to tell you, just don't care about what your writing is like, once it's legible fly on. Also NEVER change to different coloured pens for Business. I was sitting beside one of my best friends for the Business Mock, we were both going for the top grade. I remember frantically doing my ABQ and looked over mid-sentence to see her changing from red to blue to red to blue every 30 seconds. Such a waste of time. The examiners don't really care about presentation, once they can understand it and extra paper is labelled you'll get your marks!

Business is a subject where thinking is not permitted in the time-frame. Read the Question and just do it. I honestly don't think you'd have time to make up the answers, if you don't know it, your peeved I think! I finished Business 4 seconds before the Mock Examiner collected the papers. I ended up with 94.25% :eek:

Geography is another fecker for timing. Only advice here is to do your Option first, get it out of the way and then the shorts (try and do these in 20-25 minutes) and then just plough through the paper. There's nothing else I can really say except for the best of luck!

P.S: Practise doing exam questions in the alloted time, not a second more. You'll eventually get used to the pressure and your writing speed should pick up!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Lefty here also! :D Woop!

Anyway, I got everything finished in the Mock (barely) but I found some of them extremely difficult. I remember writing 21 pages for English Paper II, came home and had to soak my wrist in hot water for 3 hours :confused: no joke, the pain was surreal.

Anyways I don't really know what to tell you, just don't care about what your writing is like, once it's legible fly on. Also NEVER change to different coloured pens for Business. I was sitting beside one of my best friends for the Business Mock, we were both going for the top grade. I remember frantically doing my ABQ and looked over mid-sentence to see her changing from red to blue to red to blue every 30 seconds. Such a waste of time. The examiners don't really care about presentation, once they can understand it and extra paper is labelled you'll get your marks!

Business is a subject where thinking is not permitted in the time-frame. Read the Question and just do it. I honestly don't think you'd have time to make up the answers, if you don't know it, your peeved I think! I finished Business 4 seconds before the Mock Examiner collected the papers. I ended up with 94.25% :eek:

Geography is another fecker for timing. Only advice here is to do your Option first, get it out of the way and then the shorts (try and do these in 20-25 minutes) and then just plough through the paper. There's nothing else I can really say except for the best of luck!

P.S: Practise doing exam questions in the alloted time, not a second more. You'll eventually get used to the pressure and your writing speed should pick up!

Lefties fo lyf! :P

Yeah that's all excellent advice thank you! :P
    I'd agree on business, you either know it or you don't you can't really sit about thinking.
    I would be a bit of a mad yoke for presentation, I'd be changing to reds to greens to blacks to blues, I'm desperate. :pac:

God 21 pages? I was dead with only 11 :pac:

Advertisement