Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opening a/c

Options
  • 03-04-2012 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi can i use a letter from my club card Eg dunnes stores as proof of address to open an a/c?? rang through to Mallow branch was told no but on a previous call to St patricks bridge was told yes ! can you clarify please as i'm hoping to apply to open an a/c next week while on mid term . Rgds Jo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Jo,

Unfortunately you can't use a club card letter as proof of address, sorry for any confusion.

The following are some examples of acceptable documents that you can use for proof of address:
    - a provisional or full driving license if you haven't used that as proof of ID
    - a current original financial institution statement dated within the last 3 months (including Credit Union)
    - a letter from an employer dated within the last 6 months
    - a current original Social Insurance document

You mentioned you will be on mid-term, are you hoping to open a student account or a standard current account? The above proofs of address apply to both, but if you're a 3rd level student you can use a letter from the college as proof. Students that can't verify their address can go into the branch with one of their parents if the parent brings their ID and proof of address with them.

We would also advise you to make an appointment to open an account. You can find contact details for all our branches here.

I hope this helps but if you need any more information then let me know.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cortina

Glad to say got my account opened , seems to be serious confusion throughout different branches and depts what can and can't be used to open accounts. Was advised when opening a'c to register for 24 hour banking which i have done when i went to Transfer Money was not a happy camper to discover i need activation codes posted out to me . ( can't register my mobile )Can't understand the logic behind this!! Due to this i had to contact my branch and 24 Hr Banking 4 times in one day each time i called i was advised about Home insurance which i have no need for !seriously annoying :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Jo,

Thanks for letting us know how you got on. It's good to hear you've opened your account now.

Apologies again for the confusion about proof of address, and that you were offered home insurance on each call. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been forwarded to the relevant department. If you don't need home insurance then you're not obliged to get a quotation. We hope that you didn't feel pressured to do so on the calls. Some customers aren't aware that we offer home insurance so we may advise of it over the phone.

The activation codes are an extra level of security to protect your account when adding new payees. You can find out more information about getting activation codes sent to your mobile phone here. If you're interested in registering your mobile phone and you need any further assistance then let me know and I'll do my best to help.

Thanks again,
    Graham

Advertisement