Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bed wetting should i keep trying?

Options
  • 03-04-2012 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi
    My daughter is almost 4 and she has been toilet trained since she was 2 and a half except at night she has always wore pull ups. She has always wet them during the night. I have tried about 3 times to remove the pull ups for about a week each time and she would wet the bed about 5 times out of 7 each time. We are currently trying again and its the same thing she is still wetting. She goes to bed at 8pm and when i go to bed about 11pm i lift her out and bring her to the toilet, sometimes she goes, somtimes not, this doesn't seem to influence whether she will wet or not. The bed being wet doesn't seem to wake her either as she doesnt wake until morning.
    Should i leave it for now and try again when she might be more ready or persevere and eventually she might get fed up getting wet?
    Any comments would be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Is there a pattern or a time to her wetting? I found with my daughter that if i did not get her by 11 she would wet after that.
    Maybe try lifting her twice? earlier and later.
    My daughter only needed lifting for a few weeks, and she was fine then.
    My son was nearly 5 when i night-trained him, lifted him only for a few nights, then i only had to go in and whisper 'do you want to get up?' and mostly he would not but it seemed to do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

also be aware of how much your little one is drinking coming up to bed time and try curb it an hour or so before bed so that hopefully the bladder is empty before going to bed and this will help with the bed wetting

best of luck op tough time for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 FDrohan

hi,i think bedwetting.ie are due to launch a new animated video at some stage this week that aims to help parents and children with the condition of bed wetting by letting them talk about it and providing more in depth information about 'enuresis' (bed wetting), they also really recommend bringing your child to the GP to try and get to the bottom of the situation. Hope this helped!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

They are discussing bed wetting on Matt Cooper's show today. on Today fm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

FDrohan wrote: »
    hi,i think bedwetting.ie are due to launch a new animated video at some stage this week that aims to help parents and children with the condition of bed wetting by letting them talk about it and providing more in depth information about 'enuresis' (bed wetting), they also really recommend bringing your child to the GP to try and get to the bottom of the situation. Hope this helped!

GP really won't entertain a bed wetter until they are much older. It's normal for a child of 4/5 to still not be night trained.

Try limiting fluids before bed time, so none from say 6 o'clock and make sure she goes before bed too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement