Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Digicels Haiti Market.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

He'll have his work cut out with the fixed line market.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 5ftGiant

qrrgprgua wrote: »
    O'Brien holds the whole market.. I think this is a monopoly?

looks like he is going to make a lot of money monopolising the populations cell phone usage.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0403/1224314297012.html

whether its monopoly or not, he still does good for every country he invests in so I say its a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭CageWager

Don't worry, I'm sure it's all above board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

CageWager wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'm sure it's all above board.

How anybody could impugn the character of such a great patriotic tax-paying Irishman like Denis O'Brien is beyond me. After all the wonderful things he has done with his money since the good old days of Michael Lowry being Minister for Communications. We wouldn't even have mobile phones without him. When there was a shortage of kitchens in Ireland, it was Denis O'Brien who heroically removed his own kitchen from his €10 million house at No. 6 Raglan Road to give to the poor of Dublin. Such selflessness. And all the wonderful charity work he unassumingly did in the background with the Special Olympics seeking no public recognition ....

Next people will be saying there's something seriously dodgy about this week's revelations regarding Mr O'Brien's intended purchase of Siteserv: Firm claims it was excluded from Siteserv sale to O'Brien

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

Yeah, but our Denis has gone over there especially to make said markets more ethical, particularly concerning the tendering process and to ensure that people who win lucrative telecommunications deals do not scam the relevant countries out of hundreds of millions in taxes.

Many years ago our great former leader, Bertie Ahern, suggested we establish an honours system like Britain's. Denis O'Brien's noble efforts to help poorer countries is living proof of the great people such a system could honour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Good on him. Glad to see an Irishman doing well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Phone markets are bent over that end of the world.

A lot more than phone markets are corrupt. I highly recommend people read 'Caribbean Time Bomb: The United States' Complicity in the Corruption of Antigua' for a great insight into the disgraceful workings of one of the countries of the region.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,626 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How is he doing in Jamaica ?

Seriously how much do calls / text cost there ?

And it's a bit rich considering the % of copper that eircom still own

If you have ADSL eircom are most likely to be getting a cut

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Agent P

Seriously how much do calls / text cost there ?

On prepay calls are about €0.10 and texts are €0.03.

• Advertisement
Advertisement