Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

run on AIB

Options
  • 03-04-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is there any reason for a bank to start a run on itself? Everyone I know who uses AIB is looking at other options since the announcement of new charges on current accounts with less than (i think) 3k. Would a run wind up the bank quicker, albeit more catastrophically, than the slow bleed that it seems set for?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Why is this marked as being about account closure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Bank account closure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yvonnebowe

Maybe because up to 60% of AIB current account customers have less than 2500 euro in their account at the end of the month and as a consequence will incur charges prompting them to transfer their business to another bank. My question was, is there any reason a bank would start a run on itself? Perhaps someone has some ideas on why they would introduce this measure?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So this isn't boards.ie related then, try asking in the banking forum instead:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=544

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement