Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Lee crack at a world title belt

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Melion wrote: »
    He must have got his irish passport recently because up until 2009 he travelled to American on a british one.

Plenty of people have dual or multiple citizenships and often have more than one passport. I have citizenship in three countries. One through birth, one through descent, and one through naturalisation.

Andy has citizenship in two countries and as of 2011 is in a position to get American citizenship which as far as I know he has not done.

No big deal to use a british passport even when you are living in Ireland and have Irish citizenship. Some countries don't recognise dual (or multiple) citizenship, so it is easier just to use the same passport that you first used going to that country or the passport from the country you first had a passport issued in your name. America, China, and Russia are three countries that spring to mind for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭adaminho

The Leader had two articles on the fight including comments our illustrious leader on how the fight wasn't shown on tv. I also read articles on the journal.ie and in the mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kopfan77

Icky Thump wrote: »
    considering he is english and not at all FROM limerick

jez anytime someone has a link to limerick everyone gets behind them in this town. Andys success is not the success of the city. if he won last night none of us would be world champions just so ye know. as for local media you can see that they dont report REAL news that well so im not suprised that they didnt pick up on yet another failure from "young" andy. and before the "support your own" crowd pipe in. i do support my own. but andy who is not from the city(but lives in the county) is not our own

if andy was born in Pozna would you all be as quick to pretend he is irish just because he was kinda successful. its like Egan. everyone loved him in ireland until he was a coward and noshowed a fight. then there is mr bang bang traveller man who everyone loves to say he promotes the city.

so give it a rest. im delighted that the media doesnt live up to the hype and pretend someone is from limerick

Gob****e....'nuf said

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭One_More_Mile

Andy is a Lovely guy & a decent bloke.
    Not many can claim they challenged for a world middleweight title.Got sucked into a brawl on saturday night & paid for it.
    Hope he gets the support & repect he deserves when he arrives home.
    He will bounce back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,672 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

i knew him as a kid when he used to use the indoor track in ul, courteous and quite, we used to bump into each other a couple of nights a week. nights a week.

Advertisement