Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb researcher claims dinosaurs lived in water

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Totally wrong of course as we know now that they eally lived on the moon and only came to Earth for the fishing holidays they were so fond of. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

surely some dinosaurs lived like hippos? Maybe alot?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭Adam Khor

bogwalrus wrote: »
    surely some dinosaurs lived like hippos? Maybe alot?

Yeah, no doubt about that. Lurdusaurus (an iguanodont from Africa) is currently believed to have been one of those, and maybe Australian Diamantinasaurus too. But one thing is to say that some dinosaurs were semiaquatic, and another saying that all giant dinosaurs lived in the water because they couldn´t support their weight.:(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I could understand why they might think sauropods did it makes no sense to think a therapod would have been.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I could understand why they might think sauropods did it makes no sense to think a therapod would have been.

But even sauropods have so many adaptations to support their weight on land (what about those bizarre, almost completely columnar legs?)...

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Adam Khor wrote: »
    But even sauropods have so many adaptations to support their weight on land (what about those bizarre, almost completely columnar legs?)...

Yea of course, but to the layman just looking at them I can see why they would think it. No excuse for a researcher in the field though!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Surely the abundance of fossil dinosaur footprints is enough to dispel.... Actually why am I (Indeed, why is anyone) giving this nonsense the time of day?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Surely the abundance of fossil dinosaur footprints is enough to dispel.... Actually why am I (Indeed, why is anyone) giving this nonsense the time of day?

Just so we can point fingers and laugh. :pac:

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Just so we can point fingers and laugh. :pac:

As if we would do that...........

• Advertisement

I love that Dinosaur Tracking guy :)

And anyway if they were in the sea, and being big and comparatively slow moving, they would have their bits nibbled by mososaurs and plesiosaurs and such. Not a very successful method of surviving in my own honest opinion.

Besides what would they eat?

Rubecula wrote: »
    And anyway if they were in the sea, and being big and comparatively slow moving, they would have their bits nibbled by mososaurs and plesiosaurs and such. Not a very successful method of surviving in my own honest opinion.

Besides what would they eat?

Plankton? :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

What was the name of that Austrian phisoligist who tried to breath under water through a 2m long pipe ?
    long story short the stress of breathing against the pressure of the water depth killed him

and besides their feathers would get wet

still can't find that picture of Baronyx in a tree , IIRC it was to do with it's feet gripping like birds

What was the name of that Austrian phisoligist who tried to breath under water through a 2m long pipe ?
    long story short the stress of breathing against the pressure of the water depth killed him

and besides their feathers would get wet

still can't find that picture of Baronyx in a tree , IIRC it was to do with it's feet gripping like birds

Say what, Baryonyx had grasping feet?? If it did, I'm guessing it may have been useful to capture fish (which would make sense if, like scientists believe, they hunted by touch) as I doubt there were trees large enough for Baryonyx to roost in XD

Rock climbing?

Rubecula wrote: »
    Rock climbing?

Wasn´t their habitat supossed to be flat floodplains?

Into the ocean,
    let's be daring,
    last one in,
    is a rusty herring!

gortons%20fisherman%20baryonyx3.gif

Advertisement