Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Karting: Athboy vs. Midland (Edgeworthstown)?

Options
  • 03-04-2012 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi there,

Just wondering what experience people have had of Athboy Karting & Midland Karting?

I'm organizing a stag and this is the main activity. We'll have probably 11-13 people, and would ideally like to do a Grand Prix session with qualifiers, grid positions, etc.

We're by no means pros but most of the group have raced a few times so we want to make sure we go to a decent track and avoid someone getting stuck with a dud kart or whatever...

I know there are other decent tracks around but these are the two options that fit in with our travel plans.

Advice welcome! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I've never been to either, but from the many, many hours of research I've done it would have to be Midland Karting in Longford. Looks like a real pro outfit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Athboy karting is quite good, although its been quite sometime since ive been there. Have you checked out the Karting track near Dunleer Co.Meath. Its an FIA karting track.

http://www.whiteriver.ie/

Or is that too expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Vicxas wrote: »
    Athboy karting is quite good, although its been quite sometime since ive been there. Have you checked out the Karting track near Dunleer Co.Meath. Its an FIA karting track.

http://www.whiteriver.ie/

Or is that too expensive?

Whiteriver is as great place for the karting very well run.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mistermogue

Thanks everyone! Whiteriver looks good but not on our route unfortunately (traveling from Dublin to Bundoran).

Midland Karting seems to have to edge at the moment but I need to see if they can do a grand prix for under 16 drivers...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I know White River might add an extra few minutes to the journey, but it's the best karting spot in the country. Been there a few times and love the place.

They do a Grand Prix option for 10 or more drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

All three are pretty good but I think as someone said it might be worth the detour to Whiteriver. When I was back in December I took a spin in the wet there and was impressed. Decent karts, smooth track, interesting corners.

You won't go far wrong with any of those three though TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭cplwhisper

Midland karting have nearly all gas karts, paintball on-site too. had my own stag there last june... highly recommend !!!!!!

Advertisement