Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to be sexy?

• 04-04-2012 12:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Bit embarrassing, this :o! One word that would rarely b used to describe me wold be 'sexy'. I dress well, I think, but it's usually 'cute' or 'pretty' or 'nice'. I'm a size 12 with big boobs and an hourglass figure, but my weight is carried on my belly. I'm always afraid to wear anything to doesn't skim over my belly. I've been feeling down recently that my sexuality isn't expressed through my clothes. Plenty of my tops and dresses are low-cut, but it still isn't sexy. Can you advice me on how to look more sexy, while wearing flattering clothes?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Would you mind if I asked on what basis you've come to the definitive conclusion that you're not sexy the way you are?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

The thing about the word "sexy" is that it means different things to different people. To me, the body type you're describing as yours is very sexy. But I don't find low cut tops or short skirts particularly sexy. For me, women with the kind of body you describe look incredibly sexy in pencil skirts to the knee and a shirt. But I know some of my friends would find that really boring. The kind of way I dress wouldn't be sexy to a lot of people but my partner thinks it is. And some other people do too. And I like the way I feel when I dress the way I do- I dress for myself first and foremost, because 'sexy' doesn't just mean the clothes you wear, it's a whole attitude.

Wow I don't think I've ever used the word sexy so much in one paragraph!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@mossy95 If you have nothing helpful to post, then please don't post.

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Sexiness really is alot about confidence so even though you should dress to flatter your figure, you shouldn't wear anything that makes you feel uncomfortable as it will come across to other people. Your personality should really shine through in your clothes.

Find out what colours suit you, and use them to your advantage.

Have you considered trying a personal shopper that some shopping centres offer?

Like yourself, I have a large chest but I rarely wear low cut tops as I don't think it is necessarily the most flattering way to compliment it. It makes me feel self conscious if anything. But if you are going to wear a low cut top, make sure you have an excellent bra.

If you are uncomfortable with your belly, good underwear can do wonders.

There is a great range of clothes out there to suit everyone. You need a good honest friend to come shopping with you and find what suits you best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

Some great advice here OP. For me also sexy is in the confidence. Effort goes a long way on impressing a guy even if visually she hasn't quite accomplished it. I love low cut tops and high heels. If you have the goods show them off. I think girls get a raw deal sometimes when they show off their bodies yet a guy can show off his muscles any time he wants. I'd be fairly neutral on short skirts. Sometimes a nice pair of fitted jeans or smart trousers work just as well.

Just don't try too hard. It's all about balance. You sound like you have a gorgeous body, I don't even know what you look like and I fancy you:).

If I may be so bold I just wonder if your issue is more of a self confidence thing. Just because you don't notice guys noticing you it doesn't mean they're not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I dont know how I ended up on the fashion thread but How to be sexy caught my eye. Here's my thoughts, the clothes you're wearing don't make you sexy it's your thoughts that do for example you can exude sexiness by wearing a tracksuit, it's what inside what counts. It's how you carry yourself and it doesn't matter what size you are it's really how you portray yourself and that's what attracts people to you. As another poster said it's probably a confidence thing but this is easily fixed, how I fixed myself many moons ago was to stop worrying about what I thought other people thought about me and starting enjoying myself, another thing that helped me was I had a song I'd play over and over again before I went out for me it was Don't Stop Me Now by Queen. Hope you find your inner sexiness as I'm sure you have it in bucket loads xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Bit embarrassing, this :o! One word that would rarely b used to describe me wold be 'sexy'. I dress well, I think, but it's usually 'cute' or 'pretty' or 'nice'. I'm a size 12 with big boobs and an hourglass figure, but my weight is carried on my belly. I'm always afraid to wear anything to doesn't skim over my belly. I've been feeling down recently that my sexuality isn't expressed through my clothes. Plenty of my tops and dresses are low-cut, but it still isn't sexy. Can you advice me on how to look more sexy, while wearing flattering clothes?

Just love yourself - sounds sad but it works, your unique and have a lot of things the probably most people don't have.

Change your hair, buy clothes that you feel comfortable in, and look after your skin, health etc.
    You don't have to be a size 0 and wear revealing clothes to be sexy - its all about confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

It's not what you wear on your body that makes you sexy - it's the look you wear on your face. By which I mean, it's not about clothes, it's about the confidence you carry yourself with. A smile is the sexiest thing you can wear!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭Jocasta

You say you're usually described as "cute" or "pretty", which is how I would usually be described as well. It took a long time for me to learn, but cute is a type of sexy too. If you dress how you want, and feel comfortable in your own skin, there'll be no stopping you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

I think sexiness has very little to do with clothes and more to do with the person. What makes a person sexy is their personality, their character, their confidence, their attitude. Sexiness certainly has nothing to do with body type, hair colour, skin colour. Not in my eyes anyway.

I drive a bike so I wear bike gear every single day. It's not flattering. There is very little choice for female bikers and more often than not I choose protection and functionality over a flattering design but that doesn't stop me feeling sexy.

Learn to appreciate yourself for who you are and don't aspire to what you think is an ideal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement