Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Root pain

• 04-04-2012 12:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

I had all my wisdom teeth taken out in Dec last all went well but in the last month or so.. I'm getting very bad headaches, pain in the back of the eye socket and a Pain in the top right where the wisdom tooth was..

Went today to get it checked out was told its the root being exposed on the side where the wisdom tooth was, he place some stuff over it, To help it abit

But now im still in pain with it. What options do u have to fix this..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Sinus problems, more than likely post hoc. See GP or dentist about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Sinus problems, more than likely post hoc. See GP or dentist about this.

As i said in my post

Went today to get it checked out was told its the root being exposed on the side where the wisdom tooth was, he place some stuff over it, To help it abit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Cork24 wrote: »
    I had all my wisdom teeth taken out in Dec last all went well but in the last month or so.. I'm getting very bad headaches, pain in the back of the eye socket and a Pain in the top right where the wisdom tooth was..

But now im still in pain with it. What options do u have to fix this..

You previously posted;
    Cork24 wrote: »
    Got 3 out today had one taken out a year ago.

2 had to be cut out the other just pulled the top right hand side is the wrost of the pain it never grew down so they had to cut that one out and one of the bottom ones

Got the GA had mine at 1.30 and still feel out of it walking pour slow if i move around the room starts spinning.

Thank god it's all done with and I got knock out couldn't take it being awake I would image.

Sounds like a deeply impacted upper wisdom tooth;
    Its too far down the road to have the usual post operative pain and swelling etc....
    You have a few possibilities;

Like your dentist said it can be a problem with the adjacent molar as during the extraction and healing some of the root surface of the molar becomes more exposed and can then become sensitive... Is it sore with cold drinks in this area?? There could also be some decay of leaking filling on this side of the molar that was previously "insulated" bu the gum or wisdom tooth and is now exposed... If simpl root exposure, treat with sensodyne or a layer of fluroide or bond with your dentist. If decay or leaking filling, get a filling...

As this upper wisdom tooth was impacted and MAY have required bone removal etc- it is possible that you have an OAF (oro- antral fistula) this is where there is a communication between the oral cavity and the sinus cavity in your upper jaw. Signs are a feeling of stuffiness and conjestion on one side/ cheek. When you drink fluids there may be some fluid passing into the sinus and or nose. Multiple sinusitis infections... More pain when leaning over. You can have some or all of these things but it is worth considering...

OS

Tooth sensitivity does not cause headaches and pain behind the eyes. Like OS said I would be thinking sinuses. This may or may not be related to the wisdom tooth removal.

I know what you said in your post but I am trying to give you other option than the one you suggested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I dont suffer from sinuses,

Their was Never any pain before and when i got my Wisdom Teeth Out, their was no pain, The Top Right was very impacted and the gum has to be open up to gain access to that wisdom Tooth,

Im am wondering did they cut two much of the gum off ?

When i Eat or drink and it goes near the tooth a Shooting pain would give off and i'll end up getting pains in the right side of the head,

When i went the other day he placed fluroide layer over it and siad that should help abit, but its just the same as ever..

He didnt say if it was decay or not he looked at all the teeth and was happy with the look of them..

• Advertisement

Ok then, you seem to know best , from you original post you did not tell us it was when hot and cold reached the tooth. No gum would have been cut off btw and incision in the gum would have been made and it stitched back together in the end.

Advertisement