Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It finally happened...

Options
  • 04-04-2012 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭

...today I bought a game, only to discover (upon loading it) that I already owned it. 20% complete apparently.

D'oh.

It's not my fault they made so many bloody Assassins Creed games - how am I supposed to keep track?

I wouldn't mind but I read reviews, checked metacritic, watched a couple of YouTube vids, then spotted it was cheap in Argos and picked it up.

So much for my Skyrim distraction, back to Tamriel for me I guess...

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Not HL3 then?

/unsubscribe

On topic can't say I have ever forgotten I owned a game and bought it although I did once buy a trade in limited edition of Gears of War and regular version instead of 1 + 2. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Can't say it's ever come close to happening to me :pac:

I did accidentally rewatch Manhattan Murder Mystery and only realised I'd seen it before half way through. It was alright. Does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

No johnny, it absolutely does not count. Quit making me feel worse.

At least with Steam this can't happen. With the Easter sales on the way I reckon would susceptible to all sorts "bargains" I already own if the client didn't prevent it.

Reminds me, I've heard Walmart do 3 copies of Timecop for 18 bucks...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I have a feeling this will happen to me sooner rather than later while my backlog grows, particularly as people buy me games for every event.

Actually, I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. maybe it has??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

That reminds me I got a present of Mass Effect 1 + 2 for the Christmas before last off a thoughtful brother, who had gone to much trouble to identify games that I would enjoy, but definately didn't have.

Unfortunately while my presents were still sitting all nicely wrapped under the Christmas tree, I made an impulse buy of both on Xmas Eve during the Steam sale. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

I've very nearly done this a couple of times; particularly so with games that don't have a number in the title.

Hitman: Absolutions / Blood Money / Contracts I'm looking at you!
    I know there's one of those I haven't played and often get confused when I spot one on sale...

The same with Tomb Raider actually; Anniversary / The Last Revelation / Chronicles / The Angel of Darkness / Legend / Underworld; I can never remember which one I didn't play!

Quarryman; I think you could have avoided the problem if they just called it Assassins Creed 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc!

Advertisement