Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drop out college/sign on when?

Options
  • 04-04-2012 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

If I officially drop out of college next week, how long do I have to wait until I can officially sign on??? Or receive any sort of payment? :confused: (I am no longer able to pursue my course on medical grounds and have been unofficially not attending for a couple of months).

Thank you!:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

If you cant do your course due to medical reasons then you may not be eligible for JSA/JSB but may need illness benefit

as per your question if you drop out of college you can go down to the social welfare the next day but you will need a letter from the college to say you are no longer in attendance as for when you will receive payment well it depends on you really it can take up to 9wks from the time you make first contact and from when you provide all the documents you are required to have

before you make such a rash decision as nothing is worse than signing on believe me and college is such a good place to be, is there any way you can transfer to another course i know its late in the day or can you apply for a different course in sept??

if you do decide to leave go to your local welfare office and they will tell you what you need and how long the process takes...then once you have this info you can truly decide if it is what you want or not

Advertisement