Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appealing permanent ban on Commuting and Transport

Options
  • 04-04-2012 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was assured that after another month, my ban on Commuting and Transoort would be reviewed by nest and Scofflw, and I have also been in communication with Victor, who despite an assurance of being accommodating in private correspondence, has sadly turned out to be rather reticent in the matter regarding the ban imposed on 29th January.

There are other issues, regarding bias on the forum which I am developing a case for my defence and that of other posters who have been banned over the past two years.

I have no desire at this point in time to cause trouble, or be controversial. I merely ask for a fair resolution, akcnowledge my fault and move on.

For example, on 29.01.2011, I received an infraction and message from Chris which stated;

"Please don't quote banned posters"

Also

"We'd be grateful if you could report offensive posts"

It is now at this point, I now show the risks involved in such a policy. It means that a poster can create the illusion of offence, and cause a pernicious chain reaction in stifling debate.

If you read the charter, the following words and phrases are banned.

"chicken dinner", "fanboy", "Tarquin", "Nigel", "loco sexual"

To name a few.

And.....this policy in less than 2 years out of 7.

I ask that this is reviewed also. It has lead to repeated bannings over the years, which are unjust.

Thanks.

(ask - even if their point was valid?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

You've taken a very unusual approach in how you're asking for your ban to be lifted.

Veiled criticism of the moderators and open criticism of the way the forum is run is unlikely to garner you a lot of support. If the forum moderators themselves aren't feeling inclined to believe you deserve another chance, I'm not inclined to disagree. Maybe Scofflaw or nesf might, however.

Regarding your points about the forum policies/charter, those really belong in Helpdesk or Feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭dermo88

Thanks Dades for your assistance. I was unaware of the procedures involved, and took the advice given, which was to take it to dispute resolution. However, I was barely aware of the Feedback or Helpdesk section, having no need to use it until now.

And as for having an attitude problem, unfortunately, there has not been a surgically approved process for removing shoulder chips. I am a fairly balanced individual, I have a chip on both shoulders.

Advertisement