Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring money from Canada to Ireland

Options
  • 04-04-2012 4:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi was just wondering if anybody knows much about transferring money from a Canadian bank account to a Bank of Ireland account? I'm moving to Canada in the next month or so and have a direct debit coming out of my account every month. Its just a small amount but rather than paying it off at once and denting my savings would rather keep paying once a month while working in Canada. Any help would be appreciated:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

leave enough in the account to cover the direct debit?

aside from that transferring money to an irish account is easy. no different to transferring money to any other account in the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CliodhnaB

Hi was just wondering if anybody knows much about transferring money from a Canadian bank account to a Bank of Ireland account? I'm moving to Canada in the next month or so and have a direct debit coming out of my account every month. Its just a small amount but rather than paying it off at once and denting my savings would rather keep paying once a month while working in Canada. Any help would be appreciated:)

I transferred money from my Irish account to my Canadian and I paid something like 15-20euros to send it.. So i would imagine you would pay and additional fee each month. Banks over here are so different to home.. i reckon your best option is to keep enough money in your irish account to cover it for the 3 months then every so often transfer money through to your irish acc to cover you for 3-6 months or that.. Its not easy to get work so id def keep on top of it while you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Approx $30 dollars every time i transfer money to Ireland. Cant remember if it is linked to the amount being sent though....

it's not, it's a flat fee at least with td

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Helix wrote: »
    it's not, it's a flat fee at least with td

Yea that's who i use. It's ok if your send a large amount occasionally but it's rough if you were doing it monthly for a relatively small sum.

• Advertisement

best bet for him might be leave all the money in the irish account and whip it out when he needs it over here with his atm card

better rate and less fees, assuming you're going to take out say $300 at a time instead of $20 here and there

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I just left all my money in my BoI account when I came over

on the very rare occasion I might need to whip some out, I take out a fair chunk, charges are the same

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I just left all my money in my BoI account when I came over

on the very rare occasion I might need to whip some out, I take out a fair chunk, charges are the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 kingmickey8

Thanks a million For the help! I think I'll just leave the funds in my BoI account and take out a larger pop at a time if it's needed!

Advertisement