Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Changing Room

• 04-04-2012 9:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Any of you noticed the number of blokes who check each other out in the changing rooms in the gym? A straight mate maintains that it's checking to see if "we measure up" and that's probably true ... but, well .... is it really?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't go to those kind of gyms, so no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Its when they start going down on each other and double ending each other that you should worry.... or else just stay out of the boiler house.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

we haven't had this thread for at least 10 days.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

In a changing room there are penises, as such you will see penises.

If your "mate" is seeking out penises while in the changing room you may need to have a talk with him.

your mate isn't straight and is trying to come out to you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I play rugby with some big boys, it's hard (forgive the pun) not to notice.

All our showers are missing is some craic, we'd be laughing then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

No one really does that in my gym.. except that one guy that sat there eating a protein bar watching guys getting changed.

Haven't seen him again so we weren't good enough for the **** bank :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

No one really does that in my gym.. except that one guy that sat there eating a protein bar watching guys getting changed.

Haven't seen him again so we weren't good enough for the **** bank :(

Sounds to me like you were and he went home, tugged the balls off himself so hard that he slipped, hit his head and died amongst a rubble of crusty socks, hand lotion, and soiled underwear from a rugby game.

Probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

This is why I don't go to the gym!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Yeah "mate"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

no I've noticed blokes doing this ... I openly admit I do it I was just checking with the hetros I know what the story is with it mainly because I was hoping against hope ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

toexpress wrote: »
    Any of you noticed the number of blokes who check each other out in the changing rooms in the gym? A straight mate maintains that it's checking to see if "we measure up" and that's probably true ... but, well .... is it really?

Prob to see who has the better body - either that or their just gay.

Men are ridiculously vain these days :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I think you mean 'gay cruising area' rather than changing room.

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Prob to see who has the better body - either that or their just gay.

Men are ridiculously vain these days :/

I admit to that one too ... Have a neighbour who I spotted in the gym looking well and I decided to ask for tips

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

hmmm... so gyms are a hotbed for gayness...

lets shut 'em down then :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I find fellow changing roomers stare at my feet. Which is strange because my cock doesn't go more than a couple of inches below my knees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

I admit to that one too ... Have a neighbour who I spotted in the gym looking well and I decided to ask for tips

tip of his willy maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

If public nudity wern't so frowned upon by Irish society then everyone would be able to look at my willy and there would be no need to hang around in changing rooms like some dirty oul perve.

I could just post photos if that helps.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

OldGoat wrote: »

I would post photos too, but it would be unfair to those without widescreen monitors.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I find fellow changing roomers stare at my feet. Which is strange because my cock doesn't go more than a couple of inches below my knees.

foot fetish

OldGoat wrote: »
    If public nudity wern't so frowned upon by Irish society then everyone would be able to look at my willy and there would be no need to hang around in changing rooms like some dirty oul perve.

Finally. We got some pics.

Lets be having them

Seachmall wrote: »
    I would post photos too, but it would be unfair to those without widescreen wide on monitors.

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I always find this rings true in my local gym:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/minor_differences2/7.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Female changing rooms are fascinating, completely different ethos in each one I go to

- the expensive suburban one: all low leather seating, full of naked middle class irish ladies everywhere. The first day I walked in a (clearly) natural redhead sitting on couch facing door starkers with both feet up on seat in front of her very proudly massaging in her body lotion.

- the small, payasyougo gym in same area: a load of mammies discussing grocery shopping and maintaining they preferred showering at home: quicker apparently but they still have time for the 40 min catchup

- d2 gym, packed to the gills before and afte work, focus focus focus no chat except for the odd foreign girl talking loudly and nakedly on phone, everyone else watching lockers and benches like hawks for availability, in and out in a flash

- inner city subsidised gym: communal female showers, was fairly nervewracking for a novice like me, didn't help when I found myself to be the only pervert not wearing a swimsuit ( until a few foreign girls came in) in the shower

- industrial park gym; big social hullabaloo that I could never quite crack, couldn't tell why until I received a fairly snippy telling off for always drying my hair while only wearing my bra and knickers

- college gym: nonstop entertainment, could write a blog on the overheard tales regaled of previous nights antics

And as for the sauna, I go in there to relax why the relentless chatter???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Gyms are gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

If any guy is concerned, I suggest they just use the womens changing room instead. No chance of other guys seeing your junk then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Thanks Katgurl, mostly good material for my imagination during my next fap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

smash wrote: »
    Thanks Katgurl, mostly good material for my imagination during my next fap.

pictures would help wouldn't they?

• Advertisement

corktina wrote: »
    pictures would help wouldn't they?
    you know it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

i think you'll find that straight men are only concerned with going in, working out, showering, drying, changing and leaving. No staring at other guys, focus only on the task at hand.
    If other guys want to stare, you'll be none the wiser. I have yet to encounter someone who will comment on the captain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

foot fetish

No - closer to 18 inches I'd say.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Sounds to me like you were and he went home, tugged the balls off himself so hard that he slipped, hit his head and died amongst a rubble of crusty socks, hand lotion, and soiled underwear from a rugby game.

Probably.

Seriously, that post made my day a little better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

There's a sauna in the gym that I go to and there's always a guy in there who wants to talk about the economy. I do my best to discourage him by giving one word answers but he just keeps rabitting on and on. One of these days I'm going to can the politeness and say 'Look I come here to get away from ****e like that'. If I had my own gym I'd put up 'No Recession Talk' signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭garysully1986

The last time I was in the gym sittin down chattin to my mate and there was a naked man in front of me stretching and asking did we have any tips for stretching?!

I cant believe he gets something for free off meteor aswell!!! :D

• Advertisement

Wattle wrote: »
    One of these days I'm going to can the politeness and say 'Look I come here to get away from ****e like that'.

No. Just get an erection and tell him you love recession talk. He'll soon shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Elba101

Seems you're getting of lightly OP

Status update from an FB friend:

"I'm sorry but in what twisted universe is it acceptable to bend over butt naked in the gym changing rooms and dry your anus with the hairdryer? NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE THAT!"

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

was in my gym Saturday, took my 3 and 5 year old with me for a swim. After finishing up and showering we walked into the changing room, in the middle is a weighing machine with a very large naked lady standing on the scales and then she bent over, it was like the parting of the sea, could see her arsehole the lot:eek: of course the 5 year old asked me "whats that" Thankfully the promise of some treats in my bag distracted him.

I don't have a problem with naked people but really don't want to be looking into orifices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Elba101 wrote: »
    Seems you're getting of lightly OP

Status update from an FB friend:

"I'm sorry but in what twisted universe is it acceptable to bend over butt naked in the gym changing rooms and dry your anus with the hairdryer? NO ONE NEEDS TO SEE THAT!"

:eek:

So thats why they removed all the hairdryers from my gym

So women do it too then??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

So thats why they removed all the hairdryers from my gym

Ben dunne, carlisle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

cassid wrote: »
    was in my gym Saturday, took my 3 and 5 year old with me for a swim. After finishing up and showering we walked into the changing room, in the middle is a weighing machine with a very large naked lady standing on the scales and then she bent over, it was like the parting of the sea, could see her arsehole the lot:eek: of course the 5 year old asked me "whats that" Thankfully the promise of some treats in my bag distracted him.

I don't have a problem with naked people but really don't want to be looking into orifices.

In my gym they have 'family designated areas' which is a polite way of saying keep your sweaty bollocks out of sight of our kiddies.

Advertisement