Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Lessons

Options
  • 04-04-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

I live in Clonsilla and my daughter is learning to drive. Under the new regime she has to do twelve lessons before the practical test. Can anyone here recommend a local driving instructor please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭achtungbarry

I know a guy called John Nolan who is an excellent instructor. Very patient and calm. I think he does a special 12 lesson package. His website is at

www.startritedrivingschool.ie

Hope that helps.

Might be worth having a look at Learning To Drive forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=909

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Tony in AtoZ is a quality instructor

http://atozdrivingschool.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Thanks for the suggestions. Has anyone here got personal experience of a local driving instructor who is not related to them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Are you suggesting that all of the above users are related to the driving instructors they recommended?

• Advertisement

I had Tony teach me, must have been 10 years ago now, and just to confirm I am not related to him. . .

garkane wrote: »
    I had Tony teach me, must have been 10 years ago now, and just to confirm I am not related to him. . .
    While he didn't teach me, he also taught two of my brothers and one sister, and they would recommend him any day (albeit, like you, he taught them 5+ years ago).

While he didn't teach me, he also taught two of my brothers and one sister, and they would recommend him any day (albeit, like you, he taught them 5+ years ago).

I'm sure he hasnt dropped his standards in any way though. When I was being thought by him he was one of the few instructors with an advanced driving licence in Ireland who was teaching over here (something which was not then a necessity) I know he also travelled to England to renew this advanced course each time it lapsed.

He's got a second car working now as far as I am aware, not sure who the guy is working for him, but I am sure he would not hire just anyone, they would have to be up to his standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Gaspode wrote: »
    Are you suggesting that all of the above users are related to the driving instructors they recommended?

No I am not suggesting that at all. I got a PM from someone who recommended her uncle. He may be a very good instructor but I am looking for recommendations that stand up on their own. If I am going to shell out for twelve or more lessons I would like to be sure that my daughter will get the best training available. I want to spend my money locally if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement