Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Space nk

• 04-04-2012 10:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

I'm just running out of my usual skincare and while its perfectly fine and working for me i have that itch to try something new.

I really like the idea of something like space nk, where they have loads of different brands so they're giving impartial advice, and hopefully would have something to suit. Can anyone let me know if they've tried any of their stuff or how they found the 'shop', staff, products, service etc? The only thing i've tried that they do is eve lom cleanser. The counter in harvey nichols never has anyone on it and space nk sells the eve lom range too so i got it from them once.

Any kind of opinions ideas welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Well my first advice is to fight the urge to change what ain't broke but I knew how you're feeling!

I've bought a couple of things in Space NK- Belfast and Harvey Nicks. Last thing I got was the Talika Lipocils (see the thread on eyelas growth!) and the girls there immediately knew what I was asking for although the only info I had was "an eyelash growth enhancer thingy that Beaut were talking about" and gave me info and tips on how to use it. My only eep moment was the fact that they were were about 20 and gave me an anti wrinkle cream sample with my purchase. Im 27 with no wrinkles- not the nicest way to end an otherwise pleasant experience!

They have all the cult favourites- they honestly do have the most 'celebrated' products/ brands. they're not cheap but I think that's the products rather than the shop itself....

Hope that helps in some way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Thanks it does help quite a bit, i was excited that they could give impartial advice and perhaps find something different that i hadn't known about as i know a lot of the brands they do come highly recommended. Also i don't know many of them as they don't seem to grace the irish shores apart from space nk.

I'd be delighted to receive anti wrinkle samples!!! Any samples at all i love to get and hoard them for travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭beauty101

slowmoe wrote: »
    I'm just running out of my usual skincare and while its perfectly fine and working for me i have that itch to try something new.

I really like the idea of something like space nk, where they have loads of different brands so they're giving impartial advice, and hopefully would have something to suit. Can anyone let me know if they've tried any of their stuff or how they found the 'shop', staff, products, service etc? The only thing i've tried that they do is eve lom cleanser. The counter in harvey nichols never has anyone on it and space nk sells the eve lom range too so i got it from them once.

Any kind of opinions ideas welcome!

Space Nk actually owns Eve Lom the company so it doesn't matter which company you buy it from because your money still goes to Space NK at the end of the day.

They do have some very good products, and others not so good. The best thing about them is, if a product is new and from a new starting company-they'll more than likely have it. They do also train their staff alot-I used to work for them and you get ALOT of training but most of their staff are not trained make up artists or beauty therapists (in the Dublin store) still they receive good training in-house. I think their best brands are Revive, Aromatherapy Associates, By Terry, Chantecaille and Caudalie. It's a pity they don't do Nars or Shu Uemura there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Thanks for that. i actually asked about nars because i saw it ages ago and they said they do it to order. so you can get it from them just order it in advance. I don't get the point of harvey nichols having an eve lom counter? i've only seen a person on it once and they were sitting on a stool reading a magazine! If they already sell the products in the store in space nk then why bother with an understaffed counter too?

i think i will have a mosey in sometime this week and see what they have for my needs. are they pushy with selling stuff??

Advertisement