Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mature tests MH106,MH107,MH111

Options
  • 04-04-2012 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

HI ,i am sitting my mature student tests for MH 106,MH107,MH111, all on the same day in 3 weeks time.
    i got some ideas on MH107 what the essay will be on but the other two i haven't received any info.
    i was meant to sit the exams in march but couldnt go,so they sent me a new date.
    if anyone has any info on the essays or could help me in anyway i would appreciate it.
    very nervous now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭john 08

hi barry, im in the same boat. i ll be sitting the MH106 in 3 weeks also. i missed it the last day. its a repeat exam, so im wondering if ppl are resitting it :confused: . does anyone have any info at all on this exam ???

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pocpaul

I'm a 1st year mature student in MH107 and I did the entrance exam and interview. Its nerve racking enough obviously but you should get the question(s) choices soon because I remember having around a week to write it up and memories my answer, so I literally sat down and wrote out what I planned. Mine was something like "why do you feel this course is suitable for you" so just show your ready for the course and know what it is by maybe making direct references to a particular module that interests you?

The interview was as relaxed and informal as could be and the best tip I could give is be yourself and don't have answers prepared as such just be natural - I think they generally just want to get a sense of who you are and just to make sure your not a psychopath or that.

As for the other exams I'm not sure but I'd expect that knowing the course you are going for and showing you are ready for it would be of most importance. Maybe you could get in touch with the departments and ask them what kinda of questions you could expect. Best of luck to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barry333

:(cheers thanks for the replies .i have got the choice questions on 107 but the other two i havent,i have three essays in a row with no breaks,so hoping that they are nearly all the same.....fingers crossed

the MH106 is an numerical reasoning assessment but they would not give out any more info on it .

• Registered Users Posts: 15 barry333

hi john hope to went well for you in your test,how did you do?????.
    i had a little trouble with the math but i think i did ok overall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Memers

barry333 wrote: »
    HI ,i am sitting my mature student tests for MH 106,MH107,MH111, all on the same day in 3 weeks time.
    i got some ideas on MH107 what the essay will be on but the other two i haven't received any info.
    i was meant to sit the exams in march but couldnt go,so they sent me a new date.
    if anyone has any info on the essays or could help me in anyway i would appreciate it.
    very nervous now

Hey!
    I sat the MH107 assessment in march. It was fine and nothing to worry about! they gave you 3 option to write about, poverty, social issues and why you want to undertake this course. You had to pick one.

Good luck :)

barry333 wrote: »
    hi john hope to went well for you in your test,how did you do?????.
    i had a little trouble with the math but i think i did ok overall

hi barry. it went alright for me. i had no problem with the math. i kinda got a bit stuck on the essay as i was not expecting to do an essay. just gotta wait and see if i get called for an interview now !

Advertisement