Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to create a signature?

Options
  • 04-04-2012 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello Boards.ie

I would like to create my signature. I have just posted my 25th genuine post...over a long period.

I would like to post 3 items:-

....I'm still learning
    ....A link to my photo album (on this site)
    ....A link to a non-commercial info site for enthusiasts in Wood-fired oven building.

Please could you enter my profile and tell me if this is OK with Boards.ie

Many thanks

Terry

p.s.....I post from S.Wales but my family comes from Waterford.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You can see the current sig rules here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1354

From the first line about being limited to 4 lines, carriage returns are included, so yours is 5 and technically not allowed. Removing the blank space would bring it back within limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 cannyfradock

Many thanks Spear

I have now reduced the signature to 3 lines with one spacing.

I have made a trial post and the signature still does not appear. Sorry to be a "bit of a thicky", but can you explain what I'm doing wrong.

Terry

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It shows as 4 lines for me already.

Spear wrote: »
    You can see the current sig rules here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1354

From the first line about being limited to 4 lines, carriage returns are included, so yours is 5 and technically not allowed. Removing the blank space would bring it back within limits.

Many thanks for your patience.

I have now removed the blank spacing between the lines. Now I just have 3 lines and no spaces between them, or am I missing the point?......which blank space do I have to remove to bring it back within limits.

I have read the FAQ on signatures many times over , but still can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Apologies for pestering

Terry

With the blank lines removed, it's three lines so there's no issue with it that I see.

• Advertisement

......just realised that the "show signature" box was unticked.

Many thanks for your help

Terry

It's off by default for new users. I'll tag this resolved and close it then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement