Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red seal plumbing info

Options
  • 04-04-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi guys,i am just wondering if there are any of you guys that had to get your trade accessed for canada,i was sent an email the red seal company but i havent a clue where to start,can i get my trade accessed here in ireland or do i wait until i get to canada?i am totally lost any info would be much appreicated
    http://www.red-seal.ca/tr.1d.2@-eng.jsp?tid=181

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I dont know the details about the plumbing red seal. But you definitely sit the exam in Canada. Most people work for a number of months before sitting it, as it helps them get familiar with the plumbing code.

There is a thread somewhere about the Electrical one and a lot of that info will apply to the plumbing as well. What you need to bring from former employers, how many hours etc..
    I don't know these details cause i didnt do a red seal.

Most companies will pay at least 4th year rate until you get certified by red seal and then you can be put up to journeyman rate.

Why not send redseal.ca an email and ask what the procedure is. I'm sure they have advised people before on how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

yea i will send then a emil,ty for your reply:D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Traditional

what will help you a lot is a trade union card , i was in Austraila a few year ago and produced a union card and hey presto work everywhere ,

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thedubguy

Hi, you should contact www.diamondglobal.ca on ireland@diamondglobal.ca.

Advertisement