Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pissing outside (not the weather)

• 04-04-2012 11:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭

your bursting to go for a piddle, nowhere will let you use their facilities unless you are a paying customer, is it ok to pee outside? should you be fined if your bursting and ya go against a tree or down a lane?

witnessed two extreme cases last week -

1)Walking through Dublin city centre around lunch time i came across two incidents of women going for a slash on a footpath, the first was a well dressed women with her boyfriend, rubber drunk (at 1pm i wouldnt mind, on a wednesday) and decided to pull her jeans down and go for a piss on the footpath beside a bin on dame street in full view of everyone, the tourists on the double decker bus got a great view.

2)About 15 minutes later walking down fleet street, a drunk possibly homeless women drops her bags and pisses right outside the tesco on fleet street, another photo oppertunity for the tourists...

i dont know how true this is but i was told in Holland if ya gotta go, well ya can, anywhere... so would ya?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Turned a corner last week at 2pm to be faced with some fat skanger half way pulling up her knickers with a trail of pee underneath her. I saw everything :(

wouldn't have minded if she was hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Not in the middle of the day on a busy street whilst sober.

I like Holland's approach with the public urinals though, great idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

Seachmall wrote: »
    Not in the middle of the day on a busy street whilst sober.

I like Holland's approach with the public urinals though, great idea.

I hate it as the streets smell of piss over there. Ruined my buzz!!

More public toilets with someone to hand out aftershave, toiletries I say. Even drunk skangers deserve to not smell of their own piss and vomit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Extreme? Visiting Oslo for the first time a while ago my OH and I get off the bus and start walking to our hotel. Then suddenly on a busy street corner a homeless woman drops cacks and proceeds to do her best impression of a chocolate syrup bottle. Absolutely no f*cks were given as she just stood there. Diarrhoea trickling down her legs and on to the path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

chin_grin wrote: »
    Extreme? Visiting Oslo for the first time a while ago my OH and I get off the bus and start walking to our hotel. Then suddenly on a busy street corner a homeless woman drops cacks and proceeds to do her best impression of a chocolate syrup bottle. Absolutely no f*cks were given as she just stood there. Diarrhoea trickling down her legs and on to the path.

:pac: ok you win :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭flanders1979

I often piss in the garden cos I'm too lazy to go upstairs.
    The grass just behind the backdoor is thriving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭mongdesade

"chocolate syrup bottle" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

davet82 wrote: »
    1)Walking through Dublin city centre around lunch time i came across two incidents of women going for a slash on a footpath, the first was a well dressed women with her boyfriend, rubber drunk (at 1pm i wouldnt mind, on a wednesday) and decided to pull her jeans down and go for a piss on the footpath beside a bin on dame street in full view of everyone, the tourists on the double decker bus got a great view.

You should have commented on the aesthetics of her gee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

:pac: ok you win :)

Didn't know it was a competition.

But yeah, was the strangest thing I've ever witnessed. No one stopped her or approached her (and to be honest, would you!?). Just walked by pokerfaced and then laughed when we got out of crazy-earshot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Got no problem with it, as long as you at least try and stand or squat behind something as you do it. Its not a spectator sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

I often piss in the garden cos I'm too lazy to go upstairs.
    The grass just behind the backdoor is thriving.

No wonder why Homer hates you :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I'm laughing so hard just because of the description.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The rule should be that if you need to go, in public, with no other options, you need to get on all fours, and piss against a lamppost or a car.
    It'd make it more entertaining to see anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

have witnessed a few incidents like that myself, its not pleasant. Men inpraticular just whipping it out and peeing where the please (not all men of course) at least with men it's a simply case of a little wiggle and its clean.

So embarrassed to admit that when I was younger and we use to drink down in the park - I (along with the group of us) use to just pee in the bushes.. Looking back now it's quite disgusting the fact that we didn't use any toilet roll so the remaining dribbles would be just left soaking in the knickers - Rotten..

CLASSY - Pmsl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Uh huh, those Scandanavians are so advanced!

When Africans do it it's just nasty though...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I was in Cardiff over Paddy's weekend, and was chatting to a Welsh girl in a pub. She went out for a smoke, and came back in with a disgusted face on her. She said she was chatting to an English lad, and he just started pissing into a pint glass as he was chatting to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

I think it's feckin manky, although I concede that the availability of public restrooms is pretty limited. This needs to be addressed.

Stephen's Green Shopping Centre charge 20 cents to use their restrooms, which is feckin robbery but it works so why can't everywhere else charge a small fixed fee for the same privilege? The stores restroom pays for itself, the streets aren't awash with the stench of piss and one can feel relief for a very small fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

<snip>

Not suitable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

<snip>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

AeoNGriM wrote: »
    Stephen's Green Shopping Centre charge 20 cents to use their restrooms, which is feckin robbery but it works so why can't everywhere else charge a small fixed fee for the same privilege?

Keeps the riff raff out.

No it is steep, so if you eat in the food hall there you have to pay? But I would rather there be more toilets that do charge 20 cent than having to sneak into places and some toilets are filthy, the ones in Busaras its like being in a saw movie just a really dark and manky place, everything is broken/taped up and supplies are strewn everywhere. It wasn't always like that they used to charge in and have a turnstile until I came a long and ruined it by figuring out the turnstile would move without putting money in it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

smash wrote: »
    <snip>

http://imgur.com/c20hn

:):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

That's about Oslo as anyone can get.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

Saw an old drunk lying up a set of steps to a building before, barely conscious. He was lying partly on his side with just enough angle so that his stream hit the steps and not him, penis in hand just tucked out from his trousers.

Not the most aesthetically pleasing water feature I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I wonder is it possible to curl a sh1t into the slit of a postbox? I reckon you'd either have to be fantastically limber or use a pair of stilts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Remember one incident at a football match in Germany. Some Sch**** 04 supporters pissing into empty plastic cups and hurling them into the stand next to their stand. Yuk :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Just dont piss into the wind wearing white or beige trousers.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    Looking back now it's quite disgusting the fact that we didn't use any toilet roll so the remaining dribbles would be just left soaking in the knickers - Rotten..
    CLASSY - Pmsl

Hmm. Not sure if joke......or coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

On a night out down a back street that's empty or in an alley is the only acceptable time imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

During Listowel races a few years ago, a woman who was working in an office with me, decided to go out to her car to get something, only to find a local piss-head just about to squat in front of her Golf, which was parked up an alley-way. Her screaming abuse at him must have loosened him up because he lost control and pebble-dashed the grille and front of the bonnet, before hoisting up his pants and staggering off back into the town-centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I was out running near the Museum Luas stop beside the park a month or so ago and came across an old timer who, bless him, had obviously been caught short and had to take a crap.

He was squatting over and had his hand between his legs, in hindsight obviously just holding his trousers or shirt out of the way but as I ran past I became fearfully certain he was crapping into his hand and was going to fling it at me as I ran past. I'm still not sure who was more traumatised.

If you gotta go you gotta go I suppose, just try be discrete about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

As far as I am concerned, the world is not a urinal. I can't stand how it is considered accaptable to urinate, (Or worse:eek:) in public..
    But TBF the lack of public facilities make it easy for people to piddle where they please

No tissue, no tushie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

i dont know how true this is but i was told in Holland if ya gotta go, well ya can, anywhere... so would ya?

Not true at all. I was arrested in Holland for relieving myself on the street, fined heavily and left in a jail cell for the entire night with a black man who looked like he wanted to put his penis in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Friel wrote: »
    On a night out down a back street that's empty or in an alley is the only acceptable time imo.

This.

I understand people can develop a fairly sudden need to go, and there are very few public facilities, especially free ones, but even in Dublin city centre in the middle of the day you won't have to go far to find a quiet street or alley. How are people not embarrassed to be seen relieving themselves in front of huge groups of people? Has it become so acceptable that people don't care enough to try to find a quiet spot.

Also, could you not just go into a pub and use their toilets (or Supermac's in Eyre Square if you're in Galway)? If they're busy enough no-one would notice, and I'm sure a barman wouldn't really care if you used the toilet if you were desperate.

It seems to be becoming more and more common and acceptable. I remember when I was younger you might go behind a bush or in a secluded spot when you were heading home at 3am, but that'd be it.

Maybe I'm just noticing it more, but it's a pretty normal sight to see people openly urinating in a main street during the day. And it's not just homeless people or drug addicts either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Sh!t happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It's not acceptable, ever. Even down a dark and quiet street. Because I live on one, and the smell walking up to the main road of urine some mornings is revolting. You can always find some pub or fast food open place to pee in.

The amount of guys I see coming up here for a wee at night just bewilders me and most of the time they have only just left the pub!!! It's a disgusting, dirty and disrespectful habit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭omega666

your bursting to go for a piddle, nowhere will let you use their facilities unless you are a paying customer, is it ok to pee outside? should you be fined if your bursting and ya go against a tree or down a lane?

Many moons ago as a young fella we used to get a bus on sat night to a nightclub in a town about 20 miles away.after getting off the bus one night and dying for pee a few of us went up a laneway as the queue for the nightclub was fairly big.

On arrived some passing guards and took all our names. A few weeks later and the local garda arrived at the house with a court summons. The old man wasnt too pleased!. Cue a court appearance, fine and all our names printed in the local rag. Up till that point i didnt realise people actually got fined for it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 KillerToaster

The lack of public restrooms in Dublin is disturbing. However, I've never had a problem going in to places just for a quick piss. I do understand if places refuse you because they want paying customers, but I've been into McDonalds loads of this for this purpose and the doorman has always understood. I've even been allowed in to quite a few pubs by bouncers just to relieve myself.

I live right behind a shopping centre and the amount of times I've walked by men pissing just feet away from my front door is just horrible. Although it has been pretty hilarious once me and a whole party of people leave the house on a friday night and yer man taking a piss is getting more and more anxious the more people that spill outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Unless you're a junkie using the restrooms to shoot-up I think it's particularly mean to insist that you have to buy something. You're only using the toilet. It's not like you're going to pull your pants down and have a crap in the middle of the restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 jenndudess79

2 months ago a bunch of scangers moved into to the apartment complex.

I personaly caught the mother holding up the jumper of the 3 year old kid while he took a wizz in the LIFT:eek:

Its not the first time the same family have been caught takin a wizz in the lift.
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

There were portable toilets outside the BOI on Westmoreland Street last weekend which was pleasantly surprising,I usually have to go down in the lane beside the Temple Bar car park before I get the nitelink if I'm bursting to pee.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

2 months ago a bunch of scangers moved into to the apartment complex.

I personaly caught the mother holding up the jumper of the 3 year old kid while he took a wizz in the LIFT:eek:

Its not the first time the same family have been caught takin a wizz in the lift.
    :mad:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=77948889&postcount=38

Ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Living in the city I've seen people taking a dump a good few times. Most memorable (eh) was across from Christchurch Cathedral, right beside the park there. A woman (homeless, I think) pulled down her jeans and proceeded to go for a dump, all in full view of shocked and open-mouthed tourists.

As for it NEVER being acceptable ... what if you've got an infection/condition which means you can't hold it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭blackwhite

There were portable toilets outside the BOI on Westmoreland Street last weekend which was pleasantly surprising,I usually have to go down in the lane beside the Temple Bar car park before I get the nitelink if I'm bursting to pee.

They've been putting those there nearly every Friday and Saturday night for years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

blackwhite wrote: »
    They've been putting those there nearly every Friday and Saturday night for years

Never noticed them before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

As for it NEVER being acceptable ... what if you've got an infection/condition which means you can't hold it in?

And how often is that actually the case do you think? Of all the people who relieve themselves in public in this country every day. Very very few I imagine.

And if you have a condition, you would probably get yourself fitted up so you wouldn't have to pull down your cacks and go in public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I must walk around Dublin city with my eyes closed I've never seen anyone take a piss on a main street during the day. And I certainly never seen anyone take a sh*t. For once I'm glad I'm missing something that is going on around me. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 13 guernlad

Zero tolerance here on the island of Guernsey.

Was caught pis$ing against a wall after a night out by the cops, cuffed, night in the cells, brought to court a month later, fined £150 and a criminal record. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

Racehorse slashes in the winter are the best.

The steamy ones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I remember walking down talbot st towards Connolly during the day. Down an alley to my right I saw a fat skanger with her tracksuit bottoms down making a river of piss.

Dirty bint :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I remember walking down talbot st towards Connolly during the day. Down an alley to my right I saw a fat skanger with her tracksuit bottoms down making a river of piss.

Dirty bint :mad:

Her box was probably down to her ankles was it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement