Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New modem

Options
  • 04-04-2012 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

My modem is faulty and Eircom have said they will send out a new one. How long will i be waiting for it ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

My modem is faulty and Eircom have said they will send out a new one. How long will i be waiting for it ?

Hi ned rierson,

Thanks for your post. The normal time frame for a replacement modem issued by Technical Support is 2 - 3 working days and is delivered by an external courier.

Modems can generally be tracked online. On occasions the modem is actually delivered before the courier's website is updated fully /or the item is completed.

If you want to track your modem, just call into Broadband Support. They will give you the tracking number and then call the courier with this. The courier will normally be able to give you the expected time of delivery, contact phone number, or advise on the delivery contact person. Alternatively PM me with your home phone number, and I will be able to locate your tracking number from Technical Support.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Not sure if the modem is the problem now. Borrowed one from a friend and still getting dropped connections. Eircom did a line test and say everything is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Not sure if the modem is the problem now. Borrowed one from a friend and still getting dropped connections. Eircom did a line test and say everything is ok.

Hi ned rierson,

Have you received your new modem yet? Can you let us know if there is any improvement or anything we can further check for you.

Cheers

James (Logged in as Mark)

Advertisement