Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferrys Bins

Options
  • 04-04-2012 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

I had someone call to my door from Ferrys Refuse at the weekend. They were looking for permission to put a microchip in my bin. The caller claimed that a large amount of bins are been taken. The microchip will enable them to check if the bin is at the correct house. I have never heard of this before. Did anyone else have the same caller looking to do likewise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Did you ask Ferry's regarding this, that would be the first place I would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭martyeds

slimboyfat wrote: »
    Did you ask Ferry's regarding this, that would be the first place I would go.

I knew the lady who called to my door. She was wearing a Shirt with ""Ferrys Refuse"" written on it. She asked me to sign a consent form and it all looked above board. I just thought it was a bit extreme in an attempt to stop people stealing bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭4odh4n

ya they called with me a few weeks back too. seems a good enough idea, from what i gather if you are a frequent bin user it can also then be set up for direct debit, no need for labels etc, just put the bin out and something on the lorry must read the chip and your account is then debited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

4odh4n wrote: »
    ya they called with me a few weeks back too. seems a good enough idea, from what i gather if you are a frequent bin user it can also then be set up for direct debit, no need for labels etc, just put the bin out and something on the lorry must read the chip and your account is then debited

Sounds a bit risky. Good idea but someone could put stuff in your bin if you were away then stick it out, then you get charged. Maybe unlikely but you wouldn't know what some people would do!

Advertisement