Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get a refund?

Options
  • 04-04-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

I bought a new router last Friday and it worked fine the first day and then since then it keeps dropping the signal. It's driving me mad!!! I've plugged back in the old router and no signal dropping at all!

I assume as it's not doing the job I want it too I can get a refund. I bought it in powercity!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Have you checked the configuration? It may simply be a config issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Yeah have checked everything as I said it seemed to work fine the first day and then suddenly bam it's been dropping signal since Saturday after I bought it on the Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Have you tried running it on a different channel?

Use this to scan for unused channels:
    http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/

Plus the salesman said that it would send a very strong signal throughout the house and this doesn't work either. It's the same as the old router.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

If you didn't break it yourself then you're entitled to a repair, a replacement or a refund. It's up to power city which they offer you, and while you technically don't have to accept whatever they offer, in practice you should (unless you manage to argue them to another offer).

Powercity may have a returns policy which give you extra rights. Check their website.

If you do get a refund then I've found this router is well priced and has a good range: http://amzn.to/HZOOrj

• Advertisement

Yeah it's similar to the one I have actually except mine only has 2 antennae. I will bring it in tomorrow and see what they say. I'm a bit pissed off to be honest because the old router hasn't dropped at all since I plugged it back in this morning.

I got a refund! The folk in there were very helpful! Thanks to all who replied :)

Advertisement