Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia Graphics card help.

Options
  • 04-04-2012 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

I've trudged through the internet for a good while now and I am still coming up with nothing useful.

I am using a Sony Vaio VGN-S3XP.
    I have recently installed windows 7 onto it and the problem that I am having is the screen resolution will not fit the screen. I have tried editing the resolution by right clicking the desktop > screen reolution > turned the res all the way up.

There are only two settings I can use and nothing inbetween 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768.

I have downloaded what seemed like suitable graphics drivers but to no avail, I am getting errors saying there is no suitable graphics hardware for this driver.

I was on another site http://www.laptopvideo2go.com

Seems I need a custom INF file to actually run the up to date drivers with windows 7 (on an older machine originally installed with XP)

I can't find any INF files for this.

I implore you to help me in my task of getting the resolution on this screen working correctly, any information on this would be much appreciated!

Thank you all in advance,

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

According to this thread, they've got the Go 6200 working with a modified Vista Driver, which you can download here. Install in safe mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The laptop being as old as it is (7 years!) It seems extremely uneconomical to have it upgraded to windows 7. Your money is far better invested in saving up for a new laptop. Even a base level model sold today would wildly surpass the performance of your current machine.

laptop2go is where I would send you. If they don't have it, well you might be SOL. It's probable that nobody has crafted a driver thats compatible for that card under windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭UnkieKev

Overheal wrote: »
    The laptop being as old as it is (7 years!) It seems extremely uneconomical to have it upgraded to windows 7. Your money is far better invested in saving up for a new laptop. Even a base level model sold today would wildly surpass the performance of your current

laptop2go is where I would send you. If they don't have it, well you might be SOL. It's probable that nobody has crafted a driver thats compatible for that card under windows 7.

it's not my laptop, I wouldn't waste my effort on upgrading a machine that's going to kick the bucket soon, but it is for a client of the new boss so I have to keep everyone happy!

I'll have to check that site again. I was on it but there didn't seem to be any .inf for the driver in the machine I am workong on :/

Advertisement