Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Men's Flared Jeans

• 04-04-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all, i spent yesterday looking around Dublin city centre looking for flared jeans for my brother who is finding it impossible to source any.

He is a size 12 shoe size so all other makes of jeans dont sit well.

I tried Jack and Jones and even they dont stock them anymore.

Can anyone advise me of where i could source some jeans at a reasonable price under €75 or so.

Thanks all in advance : )

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

Diesel zathan have a wide boot cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

Inbox wrote: »
    Diesel zathan have a wide boot cut.

Cheers, do you know which stores in Dublin City centre would stock them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

I only know of genius clothing and BT2, i think Arnotts do too but not 100% sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Inbox

You won't find them under €75 unless theres a sale on.

Inbox wrote: »
    You won't find them under €75 unless theres a sale on.

Cheers well i will try find them, anything above this price is ridiculous and a rip off, just spoke to Jack and Jones and they have a vice range which they will have in stock soon and they are flared and under €75 so will see what they are like..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Flared/bootcut jeans are not flattering and being bottom heavy they will draw the eye towards the shoe. A straight jean with a fuller cut will be a much better option so it's hem width you should be looking at. If he wants to disguise his foot size stick to plain footwear, avoid logo's contrasting laces or bright colors. A dark jean and dark footwear with lighter colors on top should balance him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

You might find some in Eager Beaver in Temple Bar as they do a lot of retro gear however they may be more the 1970s style extra wide flares which may not be what he wants. TBH, I rarely see anyone wearing wide or flared jeans anymore.

I'm size 11 and the slimmer/straight jeans sit very well with any shoes I wear - they don't come across as clown feet whatsoever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

River Island had some recently enough. Couple of other Eager Beaver style shops in Temple Bar also do them - can't recall the names but they are on the same street as The Foggy Dew pub.

padi89 wrote: »
    Flared/bootcut jeans are not flattering and being bottom heavy they will draw the eye towards the shoe. A straight jean with a fuller cut will be a much better option so it's hem width you should be looking at. If he wants to disguise his foot size stick to plain footwear, avoid logo's contrasting laces or bright colors. A dark jean and dark footwear with lighter colors on top should balance him out.

No i've seen all different types of jeans on him and flare and boot cut suit him best as he is 6 foot tall and a size 36-38 he looks stupid in any other shaped jean and only wears plain dark neutral shoes. Everyone's body shape is different. The flares seem to balance his body out as he is well built.

Advertisement