Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Expensive Concert in a Venue

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

scudzilla wrote: »
    I think Korn in The Olympia last weekend was 60Euro

Yep Korn were €60 last Sunday, pretty expensive for them tbh, but afaik it was sold out or close to it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Generaly Olympia tickets for a halfway decent act are at least E30. I've rarely seen them les that that these days.

Normal price is 50, if it's someone i want to see it's 60 generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭green day rule

Isn't €50odd standard for an international act in The Olympia? I think I remember Massive Attack being around that a few years back.

No Sure I Seen Bruno Mars(don't Ask) For 21 Euro

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

No Sure I Seen Bruno Mars(don't Ask) For 21 Euro

Just because one act was cheap doesn't mean €50 isn't standard. As others have said in the thread, anyone who can get away with that price (or higher) will charge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 LisaC251

but1er wrote: »
    Just after seen what Nicki Minaj is charging for the olympia 55 euro

is that the most expensive in that venue? surely has to be

id put my house on paul simon in vicar street at 80 euro to be the most expensive there

what about the o2 dearest concert there to date?

I am sure I paid more for Interpol
    in 2011

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I've payed 20 euro for gigs in the olympia often. Payed 50 though. And yeah Korn was 52.50 last weekend :( What can ya do.

Think I payed something like 17 euro for Airbourne in the Olympia actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

don´t forget the Tom Waits gig a few years ago. the stub expense was one thing, (€120 per ticket plus €17.60 in booking fees, CC fees etc) but the fact the tickets were non transferrable, had to be issued with name printed on them and had to be shown with ID was ridiculous.

and this was in the RATCELLAR!!!!!!!!

What is/was the Ratcellar?!? I've seen it mentioned a couple times on this list. I'm pretty new to Dublin but I've never heard of this venue!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

lc180 wrote: »
    What is/was the Ratcellar?!? I've seen it mentioned a couple times on this list. I'm pretty new to Dublin but I've never heard of this venue!

Temporary venue set up in the Phoenix Park for the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

It was a tent...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I will never forgive Ticketmaster for tossing me back into the online wait line when I scored a front row seat (A17 I think) by the time I got tickets I was back in row Q!

€137 very well spent however, as was the Leonard Cohen gig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

MadsL wrote: »
    I will never forgive Ticketmaster for tossing me back into the online wait line when I scored a front row seat (A17 I think) by the time I got tickets I was back in row Q!

€137 very well spent however, as was the Leonard Cohen gig.
    Ticketmaster are the cause of the majority of violence in society!

...may be an exaggeration

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

...may be an exaggeration

Not much

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Isn't €50odd standard for an international act in The Olympia?
    yeah, I was wondering if the first post was a windup!
    but1er wrote: »
    bring back the 80s prices (wasnt even born) but stubs looked pretty cheap
    I collect my stubs In the mid 90's I was going to the point quite a lot, mainly to acts like the prodigy or chemical brothers. I remember it was just a little more expensive than going to some nightclubs at the time. Like £12-18 for some.

I hate the fact the bigger venues usually cost more, though they have far more punters with worse views & sound. I remember seeing kings of leon in templebar music centre, I think it was about €16, and they were not unknown then, they were doing tracks off the second album. Though I think it was subsidised by a sponsor.
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Tickets on the secondary market for Adele in the Olympia were some of the highest I have ever seen (over €1000!)
    You have to watch these claims, a journalist looking for a good story can easily log onto ebay and put up tickets with a starting price of €1000. The completed listings will show a different story though -and even then a journalist could sell a ticket to himself for the sake of a good story.

I wonder what the highest mark up has been on touts. I would say some for Bob Dylan in vicar street went for big money.

Advertisement