Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 6) 6th April 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

'Bout fookin time :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pats is my local derby, so always enjoy beating them/hate losing to them. Winning the semi-final there in 2010 was great, especially having been asked 'was I feeling it slip away' in the previous few days.

Also I went home on the 13 after the game last week and it was an interesting experience with them returning from Drumcondra :)

I think there is a chance of Shels movin back up a few places this weekend. The highlights on MNS on Monday showed Dundalk playing half decent in the first half but I reckon Shels should be capable of a win.

Mon Drogs could easily be a draw.

Interesting to see the outcome of Pats -v-Rovers and Bohs -v- Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Bohs 99 - 0 Cork

Making up for lost time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City to get their first league win of the year in a 2-1 victory.

Bohs goal is bound to be an og!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Going for a draw in Richer. Think it will be a bit of a battle.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Big game between us and Cork. A win would be huge for us.

On another note, be nice to see Longford beat Limerick.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Is it a tenner for student tickets in every ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

It's a tenner at Bohs anyway!

It is at Rovers.

• Advertisement

Lucan Bohs wrote: »
    It's a tenner at Bohs anyway!
    stovelid wrote: »
    It is at Rovers.
    Cheers. It's a tenner in UCD as well so I presume it's the same across the board. Gonna take a trip out to the Carlisle grounds.

According to this, it's a tenner:

http://www.soccer-ireland.com/league-of-ireland/bray-wanderers.htm

Bit hard to find ticket prices on the club site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I was very annoyed that an adult ticket and student are the same price in the Carlisle. A tenner for a LSC game is sad.

Also... COME ON THE TOWN! Back to winning ways in Jackman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

On another note, be nice to see Longford beat Limerick.

Hopefully.

As for our match, hoping for a win up in Dundalk tbh and no snow please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

If we don't win in Failymount I'll cry. Should be three points. But I reckon 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,968 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Travelling in hope of three points on Friday.

And with a bag of cans. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Its €8 for students in Monaghan and €12 for adult.

According to this, it's a tenner:

http://www.soccer-ireland.com/league-of-ireland/bray-wanderers.htm

Bit hard to find ticket prices on the club site.
    Cheers. Yeah couldn't find anything on the Wanderers site either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cheers. It's a tenner in UCD as well so I presume it's the same across the board. Gonna take a trip out to the Carlisle grounds.

UCD students are a fiver at the Belfield Bowl, so I go there when Bray are playing away. Luckily its alternate weeks. Last I heard it was €10 for student alright at the Carlisle.

Can't see much from this game. Sligo surely have enough, I can see them winning by 3/4 goal margin:(

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Mushy wrote: »
    UCD students are a fiver at the Belfield Bowl, so I go there when Bray are playing away. Luckily its alternate weeks. Last I heard it was €10 for student alright at the Carlisle.

Can't see much from this game. Sligo surely have enough, I can see them winning by 3/4 goal margin:(

I'm glad you think so, a bit worried about this one for some reason. It's strange when we were bad I used to think on the way to places like Bohs that we could win or get a draw and now I'm worried about potentionally dropping points away to Bray, though we have a good record there the last 3 seasons or so.

• Advertisement

edolan wrote: »
    I'm glad you think so, a bit worried about this one for some reason. It's strange when we were bad I used to think on the way to places like Bohs that we could win or get a draw and now I'm worried about potentionally dropping points away to Bray, though we have a good record there the last 3 seasons or so.

Well I suppose anything can happen alright, but in reality, it won't be a good night. Brays defence isn't strong enough, although Dane Massey will be back. Hoping Mitchell is too, just have to wait for the team news to be put up. If he is, it might limit it down a bit, but I'm expecting nothing. Isn't helping that I've to go on my own, but will hopefully get some enjoyment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://www.srfc.tv/blog/2012/04/04/important-announcement-regarding-live-streaming/

Any of the rovers lads know what actually went on? Doubt it was just an fai decision.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    http://www.srfc.tv/blog/2012/04/04/important-announcement-regarding-live-streaming/

Any of the rovers lads know what actually went on? Doubt it was just an fai decision.

Appears to be.

Rotten for the overseas lads. It's hardly like it's going to draw people in their droves away from MNS.

Typical really. You get more games on telly and then they put them at KO times that hurts crowds and then they cut off the only way that many overseas fans can see games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

FAI in bad decision shocker.

They really don't give a shít about this league, the clubs, the fans or anything else bar themselves.

****, to a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

We have respected the commercial rights of broadcasters in not putting our highlights up until after the 9pm Monday night embargo, and in not streaming when a game was being broadcast by a commercial television station.
    The above quote from SRFCTV highlights just how stupid this decision is from the FAI. Fair play to Shams for attempting this initiative and going about it in a respectful way. Pity that forward thinking isn't welcome in this league.

Hopeful of three points in Bray. With Quigley and Pascal both set to be in contention for the following game and John Dillon pushing hard for a starting place a lot of players will be looking to secure their own positions in the team. North in his current form will surely be too much for Bray's defence.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    The above quote from SRFCTV highlights just how stupid this decision is from the FAI. Fair play to Shams for attempting this initiative and going about it in a respectful way. Pity that forward thinking isn't welcome in this league.

In fairness thats not entirely true, ustream has an option to record games (we do it for all of our audio as Pats asked us to ) SRFC left the games recorded in full from the final whistle. FAI/RTE seemed upset about the Shels game in particular but its not the only game.

Wonder if i getting a call tommorrow :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Don't answer. Problem solved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

In fairness thats not entirely true, ustream has an option to record games (we do it for all of our audio as Pats asked us to ) SRFC left the games recorded in full from the final whistle. FAI/RTE seemed upset about the Shels game in particular but its not the only game.

Yous doing your radio coverage from richer on Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Also, Failymount. I actually laughed out loud when I read that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Do the FAI just copy what the bigger leagues do and apply it to our league despite the fact it makes no sense. We have this and the moving of kick off to stupid times like 7:00pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

With the right results Drogs to go top with a thumping win in Monaghan :D

With the right results Drogs to go top with a thumping win in Monaghan :D

Nil nil written all over it now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Dub XV wrote: »
    Nil nil written all over it now :P

Probably :D
    A draw might not be a bad result anyway, as I'm sure Monaghan will have a touch of the rabid dogs about them for this one!

CiaranC wrote: »
    Yous doing your radio coverage from richer on Friday?

Nope dont do tv games, far away saints can watch it on rte.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

For the weekend that's in it, i hope we crucify Shams tomorrow!!!

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    For the weekend that's in it, i hope we crucify Shams tomorrow!!!

Definitely a needle match, this one.

Definitely a needle match, this one.

Boom, boom!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

FAI/RTE seemed upset about the Shels game in particular but its not the only game.

Can you elaborate? As far as I know there has been no communication from either organisation indicating disatisfaction with the Shels game being up.

Can you elaborate? As far as I know there has been no communication from either organisation indicating disatisfaction with the Shels game being up.

Nope sorry, i asked people in both organistions and RTE said nothing to do with them. FAI wouldnt confirm anything. Said i was fine tho but i wait and see :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Mervue play in Fahy's Field

Terryland Park will soon be Deacy Park

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Nope sorry, i asked people in both organistions and RTE said nothing to do with them. FAI wouldnt confirm anything. Said i was fine tho but i wait and see :(

Just like in Irish political life, passing the buck. :rolleyes:
    Mervue play in Fahy's Field

Terryland Park will soon be Deacy Park

Would I be a cynic in suggesting this is to help erase the memory of Galway United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Would I be a cynic in suggesting this is to help erase the memory of Galway United?

Not at all you're just being a dick

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Zebra3 wrote: »

Not at all you're just being a dick
    Bit harsh. I dont agree but i see his point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

I don't think that's the case at all. After all, Chick is a Galway United legend.

Hopefully there will be a GUFC/West United legends vs Aston Villa legends match in Deacy Park this summer.

Bray are without Massey and Mitchell this week...god help us. Its gonna be a cold lonely night down by the seaside.

SEI (god i love them kids) have possibly the most complicated display in the history of football planned for tomorrow.

If it works they deserve Olympic Gold medals in something.

Way too complicated too work with drunk football fans but should be fun to watch them try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

SEI (god i love them kids) have possibly the most complicated display in the history of football planned for tomorrow.

If it works they deserve Olympic Gold medals in something.

Way too complicated too work with drunk football fans but should be fun to watch them try.
    Hopefully it is at least a little bit better than that pathetic thing at Tolka last week.

CSF wrote: »
    Hopefully it is at least a little bit better than that pathetic thing at Tolka last week.

So a week later your still on about it, this lad would call it a success.

trollface.png

I thought it was quite apt in response to you and rovers Ringsend love in, but SEI displays are not for away fans to "like" its quite the opposite. And well it worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Stewart Greacen possibly out for 2 months for Derry City.

If true, going to be a big loss for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So a week later your still on about it, this lad would call it a success.

trollface.png

I thought it was quite apt in response to you and rovers Ringsend love in, but SEI displays are not for away fans to "like" its quite the opposite. And well it worked.
    But it looked crap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement