Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League Of Ireland Fixtures (WEEK 6) 6th April 2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Thank **** for that :D When Dinny went through on goal you could feel the crowd willing the ball into the net. Table looks a lot nicer now :p

On the bright side, he's suspended now. Terrible player, he tries hard but just isn't good enough.

He's a poor man's Anto Flood I reckon. Where did Bisto go anyway? Non League in England or something?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Omackeral wrote: »
    He's a poor man's Anto Flood I reckon. Where did Bisto go anyway? Non League in England or something?
    Southend I think

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

dreamers75 wrote: »
    555870679.jpg?key=720720&Expires=1333833856&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=JG-x8YF29hRKp4i3FVnUeRLFRXZUkWOObehAshnjngSU5tyix5C7P733J96i7HOncv7Zoq1YxE0bSpbN27dmbuYUY-wkU6QUWTMH1jR~0sNK2O-e-6-gLLNzlVd2BhhP8IWtc-YNQ6Wv19a1iAtVjjKG4jE7MqvUdTa9Nb37x7A_

Cracking pic.

Every time i watch that goal, it just gets better and better. Very like Karel Poborsky against Portugal in Euro 96!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

monkey9 wrote: »
    Every time i watch that goal, it just gets better and better. Very like Karel Poborsky against Portugal in Euro 96!

Mate of mine is wearing a white hoodie to the right of the goal, as you will see in the video he knows its a goal the second it leaves his foot.

My reaction was " oh nooee.....YESSSS YESSSSSS ****ING YESSSSSSSS"

Mate of mine is wearing a white hoodie to the right of the goal, as you will see in the video he knows its a goal the second it leaves his foot.

Oh I can see him!! Needle in the arm, that him?!

Oh I can see him!! Needle in the arm, that him?!

No the one with the tinfoil......keep up.

I was behind the goal myself and just couldn't believe what i was seeing. I saw the ball leave his foot and thought "that can't be going in, surely! Surely he's f*cked that up!!". Than i waited for the net to ripple and when it did, it was just an amazing feeling!!! It's one of the best goals i've ever seen in the flesh!!!

No the one with the tinfoil......keep up shoot up.

FYP

Ah no to be honest, that's one of the finest goals I've seen at Richer, I've posted it to a few mates on Facebook and they're impressed.

Ps- Thanks for spanking the filth. (Your welcome for Forrester btw, smashing little player;) )

FYP

Ah no to be honest, that's one of the finest goals I've seen at Richer, I've posted it to a few mates on Facebook and they're impressed.

Ps- Thanks for spanking the filth. (Your welcome for Forrester btw, smashing little player;) )

Sure Bohs had a hand in all five goals! Forrester scored twice, set the other one up for Russell all in the first half and then Fagan scored twice in the second. Coupled with the fact the Killian Brennan was muck and got into a Facebook arguement with a Pat's fan afterwards, it was a great night all round!!! :D

FYP

Viva la Junkies ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

That is the greatest piece of shit I've seen in a few days.

Sure let them have their day in the sun. This is as good as it gets for them. :P

Viva la Junkies ;)

I'm dying to put up that post from our forum of the Facebook slagging. Brennan saying "i couldn't care less about football!!". :D I just don't know if i should! What do you think?? It's fecking hilarious!!!

CiaranC wrote: »
    Sure let them have their day in the sun. This is as good as it gets for them. :P

Hee hee!!!

Will we win the league on that result? Nope. Do i care? Nope. Did we beat destroy anihillate rape Shamrock Rovers 5-1 in Richmond? yes.

Did i High five almost every fan on the way home? Yes.... i shall enjoy the today and tommorow then worry about UCD :p

Will we win the league on that result? Nope. Do i care? Nope. Did we beat destroy anihillate rape Shamrock Rovers 5-1 in Richmond? yes.
    Yeah, like I said. As good as it gets. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Youse are turning into Bohs, lads. :) It's just one game albeit one you deserved to win.

Bucko putting together a good squad there in fairness. Is Forester that good? Maybe you seen have seen him more but one great goal (with training session marking) doesn't mean the magic airplane yet?

Yeah, like I said. As good as it gets. :)
    stovelid wrote: »
    Youse are turning into Bohs, lads. It's just one game.

Bucko putting together a good squad there in fairness.

Was only a matter of time till we clicked, said it on here enough times we were going to spank someone. Didnt think for a second it would be you lot. When you scored i was convinced you would win 4-3.

We are a good team but only when the other team comes out to play. We suck at Shels style 11 men behind the ball hoof tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Thats been up for a few days now. You're obviously not checking our website enough..

We've to go through most of June without a home game and hopefully add to the squad in July.

No wait...We're going bust aren't we? Sure we have been every other year for the past 5 or so..

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    We've to go through most of June without a home game and hopefully add to the squad in July.
    Is this news to you or something? Do yous only read the fixture list a week ahead? I think someone in Sligo should go look up the word "budget" in the dictionary. If someone can take a minute from writing begging letters, counting cash for bungs for players you havent signed or shopping for raffle tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Thats been up for a few days now. You're obviously not checking our website enough..

No wait...We're going bust aren't we? Sure we have been every other year for the past 5 or so..
    http://sligorovers.com/latest-news-news-menu-inside-246/608-rovers-financial-situation-update

But yeah it was the boardsies who started the rumours...

Youse are turning into Bohs, lads. :)It's just one game albeit one you deserved to win.

Bucko putting together a good squad there in fairness. Is Forester that good? Maybe you seen have seen him more but one great goal (with training session marking) doesn't mean the magic airplane yet?

Yeah, the most recent one. Which is why we're still talking about it!! We're not making any grandiose claims of European domination!!!!!

That'll come next year!!!

We are a good team but only when the other team comes out to play. We suck at Shels style 11 men behind the ball hoof tactics.

Was well impressed by Russell, Bolger and Chambers (who we know about). You deserved the win but scoreline flattered you a bit but hopefully just one of those nights like Dundalk. To put it in perspective, we had Brennan at left full for a stupidly long time on Friday while our left-full from last season was on the bench at Anfield today.

Yeah, the most recent one. Which is why we're still talking about it!! We're not making any grandiose claims of European domination!!!!!

That'll come next year!!!

Sure arent yous already "Irelands European team" or something

Sure arent yous already "Irelands European team" or something

We are!!

By the way, why did he start Brennan at left back when he had Conor Powell on the bench?? Is Powell not match fit??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

How come? just curious, bit out of touch with Div 1 this season.

You'll have to ask the Limerick boys for a more detailed picture, but from what I can gather and from being at the game last night, not many of the fans seem to have any faith at all in him. He was getting some abuse. He has been playing people out of position and giving out bad tactics.
    Some of it is that fact that alot of Limerick fans thought they had the league won before a ball was kicked, and that no one else had a hope. We deserved the win far more than Limerick regardless. And Behan is a disgusting person.

We are!!

By the way, why did he start Brennan at left back when he had Conor Powell on the bench?? Is Powell not match fit??

Well hes played there the last couple of games and done alright against teams with no attacking threat. The more pertinent question is why Kenny didnt change it when it became obvious that he was getting torn to shreds.

We are!!

He's played the prior two games there and did well but that was against weak teams. Kenny should have whacked in Powell there (and put Brennan wide where he should be) sooner than he did but I'm sure Brennan won't be played there again.

He's played the prior two games there and did well but that was against weak teams. Kenny should have whacked in Powell there (and put Brennan wide where he should be) sooner than he did but I'm sure Brennan won't be played there again.

I dont think thats a change for the better.

I dont think thats a change for the better.

Powell would have been better than KB. We have Jack Memery too. I think Gannon can cover left full as well but right full is his position. He'll be the next Enda imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Is this news to you or something? Do yous only read the fixture list a week ahead? I think someone in Sligo should go look up the word "budget" in the dictionary. If someone can take a minute from writing begging letters, counting cash for bungs for players you havent signed or shopping for raffle tickets

Just because the club is asking for optional donations means it is in trouble? If our 500 club charged the same amount as Shams we'd be swimming in it and wouldn't have to ask for anything.

The club is fine. It's been well over 2 years since people started talking about our finances and the club is still there, stronger than ever. I'm amazed it took over 3 days for a Shams fan to post that. Just butthurt over yesterdays hammering and looking for something else to talk about? :rolleyes:

We have good people in charge at the club that wouldn't risk its existence for anything.

Powell would have been better than KB. We have a Jack Memery too. I think Gannon can cover left full as well but right full is his position. He'll be the next Enda imo.

Altho i abused KB a lot last night, dont think he was the problem. Slow centre backs, Twigg being marked out of the game by Browne, terrible goalie. Only Rice came out of that game with any respect. (still love him).

And why is Mc Cormack on the bench?

What do the Shams fans in general think about Kenny so far. Is there any unrest
    or is there patience??

He did a great job at Derry, but with less pressure. It's going to be interesting to see how he gets on in Tallaght!

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    We have good people in charge at the club that wouldn't risk its existence for anything.
    Maybe they should have kept some of the money they are spending on wages to cover this period of low cashflow? Or take a loan from the bank? Like all the rest of us have to? Instead of spending money they dont have to compete. Every club who has gone down this road has come to grief, it doesnt happen overnight either.

What do the Shams fans in general think about Kenny so far. Is there any unrest
    or is there patience??
    Season is only six weeks old, weve 13 points from 6 games and are still in all the cups. Its hardly Armageddon time just cos we lost in Inchicore.

Season is only six weeks old, weve 13 points from 6 games and are still in all the cups. Its hardly Armageddon time just cos we lost in Inchicore.

Did you hear the abuse you lot were throwing at your players?

We can get away with it cos we have no expectations....4th/Europe would be nice. You lot tho are different the league is expected.

I'm not talking just about last night! I just get the sense that the fans in general aren't overwhelmingly enthusiastic about his appointment!

Did you hear the abuse you lot were throwing at your players?
    Lots of our fans are gob****es, as is constantly pointed out. Thankfully noone of any consequence at the club listens to them.

Kenny made very poor decisions Friday, we shall have to see how he and the squad react. I said before the start of the season that it will be the toughest of the last 3. I think Pats could compete this year. Is there any depth in your squad outside what looks a very good first team?

Altho i abused KB a lot last night, dont think he was the problem. Slow centre backs, Twigg being marked out of the game by Browne, terrible goalie. Only Rice came out of that game with any respect. (still love him).

And why is Mc Cormack on the bench?

I thought Oscar wasn't as at fault for some of the goals as people say. I think he's done well overall this season. Twigg needed another forward closer to him, I felt. Oman and Sives have started the season sluggishly it has be said but it's early days and Craig had an operation in the close season. McCormack is only back in contention a few weeks after injury but I think he should be playing more. He can actually play left-full as well.

I'm not talking just about last night! I just get the sense that the fans in general aren't overwhelmingly enthusiastic about his appointment!

Well it is a bit underwhelming to go back to the merry-go-round after thinking outside the box last time. But sure what do I know about it inanyways, we'll probably win 5 in a row

• Advertisement

Stovie, Dfx, Ciaran.....what time is it ?

Today, 00:55

CSF wrote: »
    We needed to clear our debts. We did. :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Twigg needed GON last night. Kavanagh is a poor man's version of him. He changed the game coming on against Bohs too.

I'm liking that streak in Kenny to go for it against weak sides like Bohs. When Pats got their tails up with the early goal, it was a different game. Rovers played well with 10 men in Cork too going for the game.

It'll be interesting what happens now with Powell back and whether there'll be that huge yawning gap on the right wing again if Brennan moves there.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Stovie, Dfx, Ciaran.....what time is it ?

Today, 00:55

It's currently one minute to one...

Maybe they should have kept some of the money they are spending on wages to cover this period of low cashflow? Or take a loan from the bank? Like all the rest of us have to? Instead of spending money they dont have to compete. Every club who has gone down this road has come to grief, it doesnt happen overnight either.
    Taking a loan out should always be the last option. No point getting into debt just to keep fans of other clubs happy.

dfx- wrote: »
    It's currently one minute to one...

giggle :D

Feck it, i missed the five past scum deadline!!!!

Feck it, i missed the five past scum deadline!!!!

have to be on the ball with **** like this :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

i see you forgot the time were your club asked for two years membership in one... members voluntary donation. we have always had a members donation if you dont want to pay it you dont have to simple as.but ill let you think what ever you want if it makes you feel better.. after all you lot are all experts with every other clubs finances:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Advertisement