Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

girls names

Options
  • 04-04-2012 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi everyone!! Just wondering if anyone has anyideas of little girls names. We have a name for a boy but we are finding it difficult to choose a girls on
    hope everyone is well xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

I love the name Siún .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

Summer, Faye, Ameila

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭a.man

Ava, Zoe, Lola they were our's before we finally settled on a name for our little miss Oh and I love the name Harlow but OH wasn't too keen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

+1 for siun.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Beth was our girls name. Also love ErIn and Carrie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 AlcatrazLogan

Call me a little old fashioned but I've always liked the name Joanna.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

I have a samantha louise, but when i was pregnant with the boys a few names popped up, Cady, Holly, Lara, Ella, Ellie, Daisy, Riley, Maddison, Vanessa, Victoria, Amelie, Elodie, Sofie, kayleigh, Makayleigh, Makayla, and Kirsten.

My boys would have been Cady and Holly if they had of been born girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

Love Siun or sadhbh, dh says no to both.
    Also like clodagh, aoife, niamh, orla, laura, lorraine, mya, nena, seren and maren.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

We're finding it so hard to find a girls name that we both love-at the minute i'm thinking Freya,any thoughts?
    I love Charlie for a boy, I think we're going with that if we have a boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

You might find nameberry.com useful as they do lists of names & if you put in the boys names you like you will find other names for both genders that people who like the searched for name also like - if that makes sense :)
    It is an American site but I like it! As tough as it can be you really need to find a name you love for your own reasons :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭omck80

Layla, Saoirse, Aoibhinn, Riley, Georgia, Keelan. There are so many lovely names. Good luck picking one and good luck with the pregnancy :) It's all worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭tweety76

Freya, Realtain, Nicole, Faye, Julia, Caoilinn, Farrah.

saggycaggy wrote: »
    We're finding it so hard to find a girls name that we both love-at the minute i'm thinking Freya,any thoughts?

A friend of mine her daughter is Freya, the name is really nice, it was the first time i ever heard of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Love Siun or sadhbh, dh says no to both.
    Also like clodagh, aoife, niamh, orla, laura, lorraine, mya, nena, seren and maren.

The 40th baby I delivered was named Seren, its a beautiful name. I think it means 'star' in Welsh.

We loved the name Grace and had decided on it until late in the pregnancy when we changed our minds to Megan Evelyn.

I love Ellie/Ella but with Kelly as a surname...

Also love the names Elsie, Bonnie, Faye and also and oldie but a classic, Emma.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

My fav is Faye but OH doesn't like it, im hoping to twist his arm eventually.
    Seren hmmmm liking that aswell.
    Good luck with the pregnancy.
    Im really struggling with a boys name.

Rose35 wrote: »
    My fav is Faye but OH doesn't like it, im hoping to twist his arm eventually.
    Seren hmmmm liking that aswell.
    Good luck with the pregnancy.
    Im really struggling with a boys name.

That was easy for us we both love Benjamin or Ben. porobl;em came when we had a second boy couldnt think of a name, we were getting to the point of calling him Benjamin the second. Just before he was born we decieded on Ryan, we loved the name but was putting if off as my husbands cousins child was Ryan. It turned out his grandmothers maiden name was Ryan. I love the names Benjamin and Ryan.

I liked Levi but my hubby wastn to gone on it....

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Fri.Day

I have Autumn for our girls name, not too overused in Ireland I think!
    Also for another girl (I`m planning loads) Sadbh (Sive) love it but Hubby isn`t that keen...
    Turns out I`m having a boy anyway --Benjamin Thomas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AlcatrazLogan

Autumn is very pretty actually. Hazel would be nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I think Caileigh, Elle, Molly, Freya, Savannah, Lucy, Jane are lovely names. My own is Megan and I've always loved it. I'd call my girls Jamie and Mackenzie (if I could talk himself into it!).

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

That was easy for us we both love Benjamin or Ben. porobl;em came when we had a second boy couldnt think of a name, we were getting to the point of calling him Benjamin the second. Just before he was born we decieded on Ryan, we loved the name but was putting if off as my husbands cousins child was Ryan. It turned out his grandmothers maiden name was Ryan. I love the names Benjamin and Ryan.

I liked Levi but my hubby wastn to gone on it....

Yes I like Ryan too, but thinking of the irish version Rian but there is always someone that dislikes my suggestions, so I think I'll be keeping quiet and surprise everyone on the day, including OH at this rate!!!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

It amazes me how people feel so free to voice their opinions on potential name choices & not subtly either :rolleyes: It's your baby, name him/her what you want. If you do find people put you off a name keep it to yourself like you said as you will end up not using a name you love because of someone else which is silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭WWC1

highly1111 wrote: »
    Beth was our girls name. Also love ErIn and Carrie

I LOVE Beth. Carrie is on our list too:)
    We have a Jane already and I'm thinking maybe Holly this time. OH prefers Jessie. We both like Emma.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

saggycaggy wrote: »

My daughter is Freya. We didn't really come up with any other names, we both really liked it so she was a Freya from the start.

If she had been a boy we had Joshua or Daniel on our shortlist

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Kiwi2011

We dont know what we are having but I have always loved the name Logan for a boy (OH agrees thank god!) and we both came up with Charlotte (shortened to Lottie) for a girl.

It took us ages to agree on the girls name but unless something really doesnt suit when born etc I think we are sticking with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

I love the name Charlotte, I would also shortened it to Lottie :)

I am loving the name Ismay at the moment. OH hasn't said yes or no so not sure what we will go with in the end.

We have a boys name picked, but now OH isn't sure and wants to wait till bubs is born to decide on a name! I suppose it makes sense but I'm really impatient.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭mrsWhippy

WWC1 wrote: »
    I LOVE Beth.

'Bethan' is a lovely version of that name I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

notsobusy wrote: »
    I am loving the name Ismay at the moment. OH hasn't said yes or no so not sure what we will go with in the end.

Is Ismay used as a girl's first name? The first thing that pops into my head is the Ismay from the White Star Line who deserted the Titanic.

There is a similar name 'Isme' and there was a novel out a few years ago called 'The Summer of Lily and Esme'.

I love Charlotte, classic name, I've heard it shortened to Charlie too.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Yes Ismay is a girls first name. My grandmothers second name was Ismay, spelt just like that!

There's Esme and I've not seen Isme before.

Yes there is a childrens book called the summer of Lily and Isme. Was one of my favs as a kid! Very sad story though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

We're going with Lilith on the official documents etc, shortened to Lilly in everyday use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭omck80

Please let us know what name you choose and best of luck :)

Advertisement