Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good eadset?

Options
  • 04-04-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭

Whats a good headset for the 360, i'm looking to hook the 360 up to my PC monitor due to my other set being highjacked by a family member and the WII. Unfortunately the monitor doesn't have speakers. To be honest i'm not too pushed about using it online chat, just need game sound.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I have the Turtle Beach X41s which are pretty immense. Think they have a new model out but both models are pricey enough. It really depends on what you are willing to spend, as is the case with all of these kinds of queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

was looking at those alright but from what I could see the headset had to connect the sound up to the tv, it is possible to have hdmi for pic and sound from the standard svid composite cable? Have the same set for the ps3 and that's how I got the sound on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Could you not get an Xbox VGA cable instead of the HDMI and they have the red and white cables for sound? VGA will give you 1080p and the X41s go directly into the Xbox then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Just use the HDMI to transmit the video to PC and plug in either a component cable or optical cable into the console at the same time to transmit the sound to whatever device you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Astro a40,s I'm using for the last year never any problems
    True Dolby digital surround sound
    Not simulated like some other headsets
    I heard the tritons ax720 pro,s are fairly good
    But depending on your budget the turtle beaches are fairly cheap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I was using Sharkoon X-Tatic Digital's until they got broken.
    Bass isn't fantastic but they have a toslink connection so I run a fiber optic from the 360 and PS3 for proper 5.1
    They have a nice detachable mic too.
    Mine were around €100 off ebay.de

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Just remembered I wrote this review of the Razer Chimaera's nearly a year ago. Still using them and still think they are outstanding!

http://www.irlclan.net/main/blog/2011/05/31/razer-chimaera-5-1-headset/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Thanks for the help dudes, went with the turlte beach earforce DPX21 in the end, the optical cable will let me use it on the PS3 and PC as well with no probs. always like turtle beach i remember buying a turtle beach surround speaker system with my old PII pc. Need to save on the dosh the chimera's looked nice, hooked up the 360 to the 24" LED monitor and was blown away, i need to replace the 40" LCD with LED.

Advertisement