Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property management fees

Options
  • 04-04-2012 2:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Just bought a 2 bed apartment in Dublin. There is a tenant in the apartment long term. I spoke with the guy responsible for managing the apartments (10 in the complex in total) and he told me that the fees are €200 a month.

Seems extraordinarily high for such as small complex.

Whats the average?

Do i have to pay whatever he says the fees are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

What is being provided for this fee?

I assume this is just to manage your apt, rather than it being the management fee, as part of the development management company?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You need to find out exactly is being provided for this fee. It does seem high, if it is just the property management fee, but it may include dealing with tenant's concerns etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭pawnacide

Just wondering why you only found out now what the management fees are ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭killers1

pawnacide wrote: »
    Just wondering why you only found out now what the management fees are ?

+1 to this. Your solicitor should have informed you of the level of management fees you would have to pay yearly prior to completing the purchase. Generally, the management fees cover the block insurance policy, rubbish collection, upkeep & maintenance of the apartment block and common areas. Block insurance can be expensive so if the cost is covered by a smaller number of units you'll each have to pay a higher percentage. Also it's probably an external management company running the complex and their profit is factored into the fees. Sounds on the high side but not exorbitantly so for a complex in Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

headsy wrote: »
    Just bought a 2 bed apartment in Dublin. There is a tenant in the apartment long term. I spoke with the guy responsible for managing the apartments (10 in the complex in total) and he told me that the fees are €200 a month.

Seems extraordinarily high for such as small complex.

Whats the average?

Do i have to pay whatever he says the fees are?

When I was looking at apartments the 1st question I asked the estate agent was how much where the management fees. How did you go through the whole buying process without asking?

Let me guess. The complex has an underground car park, electric gates, elevator and secure entry. All these things cost money and add hugely to the fee

• Advertisement
Advertisement