Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 15 Scheduling **Wednesday-Monday**

Options
  • 04-04-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Broncos (10-3) @ Dolphins (1-12)
    Packers (11-2) @ Buccs (7-6)
    Browns (3-10) @ Ravens (6-7)
    Patriots (4-9) @ Cowboys (9-4)
    Cardinals (12-1) @ Steelers (2-11)
    Titans (8-5) @ Jaguars (7-6)
    Redskins (4-9) @ Rams (5-8)
    Falcons (6-7) @ Saints (5-8)
    Panthers (3-10) @ Vikings (4-9)
    Raiders (7-6) @ Bears (9-4)
    Bills (7-6) @ Chargers (6-7)
    Giants (6-7) @ Lions (7-6)
    49ers (9-4) @ Seahawks (6-7)
    Jets (13-0) @ Eagles (8-5)
    Chiefs (2-11) @ Texans (4-9)
    Colts (11-2) @ Bengals (6-7)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Rob, if the gameweek is advanced early this evening I can play then. Otherwise it'll be Thursday starting between 9.30 and 11 or Friday morning. I'm away then for Easter until Monday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Massive week here.

First things first I need to take care of business against the CPU Patriots. Berty, then I need you to keep the unbeaten streak going with a win against the Eagles :)

Hoping for a Raiders win here too as it significantly improves the chances of the NFC East taking a wildcard spot.

For the above reason I'll also be cheering on newcomer NukaCola's Seahawks against the 49ers.

The perfect week would be - Cowboys win, Eagles lose to Jets, Bears lose to Raiders and 49ers lose to Seahawks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Does anyone know anything about QKitten83, does he post on boards at all? I haven't seen any posts anyway...

I can send an xbox message later on ...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

adrian522 wrote: »

Does anyone know anything about QKitten83, does he post on boards at all? I haven't seen any posts anyway...

I can send an xbox message later on ...

Almost sure this is him mate:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=60369

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

The Raiders-Bears match will be the last match of the regular season against a team the Raiders don't despise. After this we play the hated Chargers (no doubt there will be many fights in the stands and onfield) and in week 17 we will have the longest standing rivalry in the NFL, the Raiders against the commissioner.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Started my own thread this morning and then never got around to posting it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

G'wan the Colts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The matches involving the AFC North are incredible important this game week.
    However.. while i expect the Ravens to beat the Browns.. I also expect the Colts to beat the Bengals, but nothing can be counted on (i'm looking at you Steelers :eek:)

All in all.. it's looking more and more likely the Titans are going to be involved in an epic final day trip for the Titans to Baltimore where a win for the Ravens could see them clinch the division and a loss for the Titans could see them sit the play offs out!

Rematch of AFC Title game from last season. They were #4 and #5 in power rankings last season.

Bengals in fight to win AFC North. Level with the Ravens on top of the AFC North, the Bengals have the tie breaker so just need to match the men from Baltimore over the last 3 weeks.

The Colts are one win away from securing the AFC South division title. They will also have an eye on the #2 seed in the AFC which they currently hold over the Broncos by a single game.

Colts will be missing star running back Darren McFadden, who is out through injury while the Bengals will be without RE Randy Starks and RT Jeff Otah.

The Colts have historically been a power on offence but this year have made huge strides in defence pulling themselves out of the bottom 3rd statistically.

Stats:
    Power Rankings: Colts #3. Bengals #17
    Total Offence: Colts #3. Bengals #22
    Total Offence allowed: Colts #2. Bengals #10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

matthew8 wrote: »
    The Raiders-Bears match will be the last match of the regular season against a team the Raiders don't despise. After this we play the hated Chargers (no doubt there will be many fights in the stands and onfield) and in week 17 we will have the longest standing rivalry in the NFL, the Raiders against the commissioner.

I have another game at nine apart from that I'm free all night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

When good for you man? Sunday night works for me or Monday night... You?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

McG wrote: »
    Rob, if the gameweek is advanced early this evening I can play then. Otherwise it'll be Thursday starting between 9.30 and 11 or Friday morning. I'm away then for Easter until Monday evening.

Hey man,

Can do Thursday evening around 21:30 then.

Hey man,

Can do Thursday evening around 21:30 then.

perfect. see you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Raoul when suits you?

I'm free this evening and tomorrow after 7pm, not sure about Friday yet and defo not round Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Raoul

I will probably be about shortly after 7 if the gameweek is advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

berty hope your resting your starters otherwise im using the hit stick big time and im going for the knees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Claseless behaviour from the Eagles???

What's new ;)

empacher wrote: »
    berty hope your resting your starters otherwise im using the hit stick big time and im going for the knees.

And remember for this game, there's no such thing as the fair catch. Fk the 15 yards. Same goes for the Bears.

Raoul wrote: »
    I will probably be about shortly after 7 if the gameweek is advanced.

Has the league been advanced? I'll be on in around 20 min

Not sure if I can play now. Thought I would get it done before now.

• Advertisement

Not sure if I can play now. Thought I would get it done before now.

Yeah grand, I'm home tomorrow, friday evening and sunday. let me know when ur free

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Paully D wrote: »

No, that's not him :(

Does anyone know the guy who joined? I'll send a message on xbox and see if he responds...

adrian522 wrote: »
    No, that's not him :(

Does anyone know the guy who joined? I'll send a message on xbox and see if he responds...
    I dont know him but he did pm santry and get the password that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

When good for you man? Sunday night works for me or Monday night... You?

Yeah sunday after about 9 should be good. It's my birthday so you have to let me win:p

I dont know him but he did pm santry and get the password that way.

OK cheers, I'll send him a message on live ...

How late can the Bears play?

Let me get this clear right away. Neither of these teams are any good. They're not going to give any teams trouble if they go to the playoffs, but they both just want to stop the Raiders reaching the playoffs. The Ravens are in on this plan too, giving the Bills a free win in week 10. The winner of this match will become the anti-Raiders in the hunt for the last wildcard spot.

Offense

TJ Yates is the Chargers starting QB, but Antonio Gates is a weapon that is tough for any defense to handle. Even my Raiders were at times overwhelmed. There's really very little at WR, with Desmond Seastrunk and Roy Williams the best options. One thing to watch for is when the Chargers come out in the trips formation, they have a special play that is their ace in the sleeve. The running game is formidable, with LeGarrette Blount the starting running back. He has had a fair few games with over 200 yards.

As for the Bills, their offense isn't up to much. They were horrific against my Raiders, though that was without Arian Foster. Kyle Orton moves it down the field and Tim Tebow goes in for the kill in the red zone. They have their weapons, Vincent Jackson, Mark Clayton and Benjamin Watson but this is a run-first team. Arian Foster starts at HB but watch out for the speedy Danny Woodhead coming around the edge, on a toss, at the end of the half, when you only have to stop one play from going 80 yards *shudder* to go in with a lead at halftime. These HBs run behind Vonta Leach, the best blcoking FB there is, but he's useless if you need a FB to gain a yard.

Defense
    The Chargers defense is a mixed bag. They have had 4 games against other players since the new gm arrived, and in a game against the Raiders and one against the Broncos they were terrible, giving up 38 and 41 points, whereas they produced 2 outstanding performances against the Jets and broncos, containing them to 17 and 14 points. Some well-known names on this defense include Takeo Spikes, Leon Hall and Lance Briggs. This unit is very solid in downfield coverage but can be beaten on the short stuff.

The Bills defense is the only defense I never figured out (I figured out every other defense except the Jets, but I just gave up against that defense, so I really can't say much about them. There are household names in this defense, Jason Taylor and Troy Polamalu.

Prediction
    It's times like this I wish I was able to watch other Madden games, it should be a good match. I think the Chargers will win by a few points. But because one of these teams has to win, the real loser is humanity.

Etloveslsd, any chance you can play tonight? Or what times tomorrow can you play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Hi lads, sorry for the non-advancement tonight.

I wasn't staying at home tonight but went 20 minutes out of my way to go home and advance the league. Unfortunately, my brilliant Eircom internet wasn't working when I got home so I couldn't get on to advance the league. Will go home in the morning before college to advance it.

• Advertisement

How early can the Bears play tomorrow?

Advertisement