Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next game that should get a HD collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,847 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well from wiki
    On March 20, 2012, a source told VG247 that Crystal Dynamics is returning to the Legacy of Kain franchise with a Soul Reaver reboot. Details concerning the project are thin, but the tipster told the the title is a "full reworking" of the game and includes new art direction. The source indicated that the new IP in development at Crystal Dynamics is an Xbox Live Arcade title. Earlier this month, God of War II director Cory Barlog joined Crystal Dynamics to work on a yet to be announced title. A representative from Crystal Dynamics parent company Square Enix declined to comment.[32]

Would be disgusting if this just went to Xbox. Blood Omen was such a class game, really deserves to be remade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Got to be the three GTA3 games. Unlike some companies, I'd trust Rockstar to ensure that the HD release was worth it - whether they'd be hands-on in doing the conversion or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

GTA

Rainbow Six 3

Mech Assault

Legacy of Kain

Crash Bandicoot :o

Jet Set Radio and Tony Hawks Pro Skater are already on the way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

gizmo wrote: »
    I thought HD re-releases were soulless cash-ins by money grabbing publishers who would be better off concentrating on making new games? :confused:

Exactly, stop milking the cows. Spend time on making new and better games, not re-releasing old ones!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hackysack wrote: »
    Exactly, stop milking the cows. Spend time on making new and better games, not re-releasing old ones!!!

I've no problem with well made remakes. Do it properly, and it's great to be able to play some older games on modern systems. Quite a few are done terribly though, and are just cheap ways to make money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Hackysack wrote: »

The two aren't mutually exclusive. Big studios contract out the job of polishing up their old games so it doesn't stop them from making new and better games.

Across PSN downloads and retail releases I've got maybe 12 games so far in 2012. The best purchase by a mile was the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection which has given some of my favourite games of all time a much needed upgrade so that they're still presentable on modern televisions.

As Kiith said, that doesn't excuse certain studios using them as a cheap cash-in with no effort put into them. That's why I'm hoping for the GTA games to get a relrelease as Rockstar can probably be trusted to do it the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Kingdom Hearts & Fatal Frame for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

cloud493 wrote: »
    The next game that should get a HD collection

Silent Hill 2 and 3....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Silent Hill 2 and 3....

I see what you did there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Populous 3; The Beginning

Dino Crisis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Got Supreme Commander today from amazon.com, it would be absolutely awesome in HD I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Would be disgusting if this just went to Xbox. Blood Omen was such a class game, really deserves to be remade.

God i hope it's not just an XBLA title. I want a full game goddammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

In a similar vein to the Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection that's available on PS3 I'd like to see "Sega Saturn Ultimate Collection". Imagine what the disc might contain:

• Bug! and Bug Too!
    • Panzer Dragoon I, II and Saga
    • Clockwork Knight 1 and 2
    • Sega Rally Championship, Manx TT and Daytona Usa
    • Virtua Fighter Remix, 2 and Kids, Last Bronx, Fighters Megamix
    • Virtua Cop 1,2 and House of the Dead
    • NiGHTS and Sonic R
    • Virtua Racing and Virtual On
    • Mystaria :The Realms of Lore
    • Guardian Heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Gandalph wrote: »
    Populous 3; The Beginning

Dino Crisis

More to the point- Dino Crisis 2! I remember renting this and absolutely loving it, though I'm not a big fan of the first one.
    In a similar vein to the Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection that's available on PS3 I'd like to see "Sega Saturn Ultimate Collection".

Strangely enough, I just happened to pick up that Megadrive Collection today on 360, and I'm having a ball bashing through the old Streets Of Rage and Sonic games. I was just thinking how much I'd love to see a Snes collection drop in a similar manner. The likes of Super Double Dragon, Super Star Wars, and Demon's Crest (I was watching a show about that last one lately, and it looks fantastic). Perhaps there's something like this availbale on Wii? I don't know, because I'm not a Wii player, but I'd love to give these another spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Shenmue 1 & 2... sploosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Burnout Point of Impact, Takedown & Revenge would make a good HD Collection(I know the latter is availible on the 360 but as a Collection they'd be sweet).
    Star Wars Kotor 1 & 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

Crash bandicoot 1,2 and 3. Or maybe even Spyro since it looks like we'll never get it on PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭spankmaster2000

Day of the Tentacle / Full Throttle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

In a similar vein to the Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection that's available on PS3 I'd like to see "Sega Saturn Ultimate Collection". Imagine what the disc might contain:

• Bug! and Bug Too!
    • NiGHTS and Sonic R
    • Guardian Heroes

I'd buy that just for Panzer Dragoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Star Wars X-Wing vs Tie-fighter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

deathrider wrote: »
    More to the point- Dino Crisis 2! I remember renting this and absolutely loving it, though I'm not a big fan of the first one.

They were 2 different games, number 2 had a more arcade feel, gaining points killing dino's getting combo's and spending points on weapons & ammo. Were as number 1 had a more survival horror feel were you made sure you aimed properly because ammo was limited etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Bug! and Bug Too!
    • NiGHTS and Sonic R
    • Guardian Heroes

I'll go one better and ask that we get a Sega Arcade Racing Megamix, all in HD and remastered sound.
    So, we'd get Virtua Racing, Daytona, Manx TT Superbike, Scud Race, Sega Touring Car, Sega Rally, Sega Rally 2, maybe even throw in Outrun 2006 for good measure.
    I'd buy that for a dollar!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

GTR63 wrote: »
    Burnout Point of Impact, Takedown & Revenge would make a good HD Collection(I know the latter is availible on the 360 but as a Collection they'd be sweet).
    Star Wars Kotor 1 & 2.

I was/am a massive fan of the early Burnout titles, especially the first two, before Criterion turned it into a car destruction game.
    At that stage it was still about driving very very fast avoiding crashes and ramping up the Burnout meter with dangerous driving.
    We got to relive all the best moments from Bullitt, Ronin, French Connection etc.

I wanna do that in HD!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Would love to play jade cocoon again in HD :D Not the best game ever, but i loved it when i played it. Like pokemon, only not as gay !

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

System Shock
    Thief 1 & 2
    X-Wing & Tie Fighter
    Master of Orion 2
    Elite/Frontier (hurry up David Braben)
    Dark Forces
    Syndicate

Really happy I don't have to put X-Com & Sim City on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

FIFA World Cup 98

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Resident Evil 2 & 3 given the REmake treatment, REmake in HD also and all on the same disc please Capcom and all will be forgiven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Star Wars X-Wing vs Tie-fighter

Phew! I'm relieved you said that, with their lack of presence on the list I was beginning to think they had been remade & I missed the boat.

+1 for Dark Forces & Syndicate (Original Strategy Version not a FPS Multiplayer)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Isn't there a resident evil collection coming out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

cloud493 wrote: »
    Isn't there a resident evil collection coming out?

No?

Advertisement